Does vinyls damage car paint?

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BJ
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Does vinyls damage car paint?

Post by BJ »

Hey guys still thinking of putting vinyls on my car but just worried about the paint, does vinyls in time damage the paint? Thanks.
Ben (DRFTO)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Re: Does vinyls damage car paint?

Post by BorepYano »

vinyl doesnt damage your paint, in fact it protects your paint, hence there's the problem, because the rest of your paint will fade and scratch but the bits under the vinyl wont, so over time when you do take the vinyl off, you might still get the shape of the vinyl on your car (the bits that were protected by the vinyl will look newer and shinier compared to the rest)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

as yang said but depends on how long you plan on keepiong them on the car.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BJ
Grease Monkey

Post by BJ »

BorepYano wrote:vinyl doesnt damage your paint, in fact it protects your paint, hence there's the problem, because the rest of your paint will fade and scratch but the bits under the vinyl wont, so over time when you do take the vinyl off, you might still get the shape of the vinyl on your car (the bits that were protected by the vinyl will look newer and shinier compared to the rest)
Hi, if that's the case, to fix this, would you just need to give it a good buff? Thanks for replying.
Ben (DRFTO)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Yep a good polish will fix it :D
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

If you're putting vinyl over the top of scratches, try and fix them as much as possible. Took the ones AMACHA put on my FTO off and they peeled off the edges of some scratches... now looks like i'm up for a big detailing trip... :@
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

spency wrote:If you're putting vinyl over the top of scratches, try and fix them as much as possible. Took the ones AMACHA put on my FTO off and they peeled off the edges of some scratches... now looks like i'm up for a big detailing trip... :@

That sucks dude.
Taz wrote:When funds allow