SchumieFans SX4

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: SchumieFans SX4

Post by Astron_Boy »

SchumieFan wrote:still waiting on parts from japan...
They've never watched The Fast and the Furious have they?

That stuff comes overnight.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

i believe its whats called a cop out... and runs along the same lines as 'the cheques in the mail'
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Block has arrived,

just waiting on crank shaft from jap and conrods which are in a sydney warehouse somewhere

hopefull theyll arrive by the end of the week and ill have the beast back by end of next week...

then another 900kms of sub 4000 rev driving... yay :roll:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

SchumieFan wrote:Block has arrived,

just waiting on crank shaft from jap and conrods which are in a sydney warehouse somewhere

hopefull theyll arrive by the end of the week and ill have the beast back by end of next week...

I think i've been inspired to do some sub 4000 rev driving to work tomorrow! :lol:
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Gholdwayne wrote:

I think i've been inspired to do some sub 4000 rev driving to work tomorrow! :lol:
its just like my mum drives :lol:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

SchumieFan wrote:
Gholdwayne wrote:

its just like my mum drives :lol:
Speaking of fast driving mums, i see one old one in a prius who i swear drives like a semi hoon weaving through traffic in some mornings when i'm driving to work in the great western hwy - i think she's UWS faculty though, always see her turn off to UWS and i go further on the great western highway to work... But damn priuses aren't too rubbish!
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

enough of shameless prius advertising on my thread (though i went in one in a taxi back in christchurch and was acctually impressed)

Still no news from my car, but being a 'short week' i was a bit 50/50 as to whether id hear anything, though the (hot sounding) girl at the office when i rang last week said the boys would get back to me this week... no luck.

as far as im aware, the crank shaft(WIN!) and con rods had arrived and it was all waiting for assembly... so its been 5(working) days since i was told that so im hopeing sometime in the next week ill limp her home... im just hopeing in my 5 minute disconnect of my ecu piggy i didnt muck up the wiring (99% sure i didnt)

so next on the shopping list:

new lug nuts... when i removed the front right wheel to check the engine shrapnel 3 of the 5 of that wheel alone were stripped (thanks a certain tyre place that used a rattle gun on mu alu lug nuts when i said prob not a good idea)

new wheel... (buckled)
cant get my colour wheels anymore... have to buy the same wheel in a different colour and get it paint matched... f**k!
how to turn a $200 wheel into a $400 wheel... :(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Can't believe they're actually building the motor from parts. That's such a f**ken dodgy warranty job. Any other scenario would have seen a complete short motor ordered from the factory.

Lucky you're selling it!
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

hint hint much?

but who the f**k would buy a JDM spec SX4 REALLY? i did it cause it was different... and i like different!

best bet is a trade, but id lose shitloads on that + high price dealer FTO's and theres one i have my eye on... if i could sell it privately or if it got written off thatd be great!

but im up sh*t creak with a toothpick at the mo!

and Suzuki dont sell 'long' (pre-built) motors

seems fkn stupid to me and the dealership, they were pissed they had to build it... good lesson for them i think. i think ill go in on monday to see realistically how far it is...

it is a slight worry factor and ill make sure i get a breakdown of what was and wasn't replaced... from what i figure the only thing they could use is the cam covers... waste of time and $$$ for that, plus they're out a loan car, that means some princess driving a micra is taking the bus tomorrow because the dealers tiida will be sitting untouched in my unit's parking spot

my luck just changed though... so fingers crossed!

i still dont give a sh*t what people think of her, its a great representation of me... the underdog, always getting ragged on... trying to build a better rep and be better but always copping issues... its been through a wheel failure, sandwich and a blown motor... its earned my respect anyway
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

So, by that statement, are you keeping it then?

I well know what you mean by under dog.
People don't understand why I do what I do to old 80s Magnas, but there's just something about them.
Plus that engine is severely under rated.

In the end it's your car, nothing that anyone else says should really make a difference...
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

would like to sell it...

but i couldnt get what i wanted for it.

ill see what happens..

still dont know when ill get her back though!
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Rang Suzy today,

waiting on 2 bearings to come from japan (news to me)

should be here wed/thurs next week and then about 3 days to put it all back together... though they said that 3 weeks ago :roll:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Hooray! motor is almost 100% back together, i went around there today, should have it back next week :D

heres some pics...

blown motor, note the hole in the bottom left of the block!

The busted crank shaft, see bearing #1 has destroyed it

Busted Pistons.... ALL OF THEM!

New motor!!!! the only thing they kept was the cam covers! LOL

and the empty hole in my engine bay (looking from under the car) :(

they are gonna run it in for a couple of days (NOTE: car was on 33195k's) to make sure its all good before they give it back, so hopeing for next friday!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

YES :twisted: You are finally having a win :cheers: :hb: .
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nice 8)
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

ive just taken this straight from my page on the SX4 forums, so ignore the warranty bits, but i left them in there for a good read....

;)
Okay,

so i lucked out,

Suzuki honoured my warranty and its been a long and annoyingly drawn out process, from getting it towed there, to getting it assessed was 3 weeks by itself,
then the lengthy delays on rebuilding the engine rather than just plonking in a new one added to my frustration

all in all i was treated like a criminal until they had to agree there was nothing i could have done that would have caused the failure.
then i had problems with the government over certifying my car because the suspension was modified, the wing, the strut braces and the mudflaps... YES MUDFLAPS made the car unsafe, i quickly pointed out that all the mods were done by my suzuki dealer (except the wing and mudflaps)
he tried to say the car wasnt safe because the wing stuck out from the back of the end of the car.... then i pointed out that it may stick out from the window, but not from the end of the car... so that was okay.... so the mudflaps! well they stick out from the side of the car! "dangerous" UM WHAT? so after i pointed out that at full lock the wheels actually stick out further than mudflaps that got cleared up (also pointed out he was only there to certify my bloody engine!)

so 3 months and 5 days shes back home,

SO

a few issues...

A) someones hit something and tried to cover it up (poorly) there is a chip of paint missing from the front of the car on the bumper that lines up with my broken number plate surround! W T F!
not only did they not tell me of this, they tried to cover up the chip with BLACK paint (see pics, the paint lines up with the K on my grill as does the plate surround.

i wouldnt be so annoyed by such a small thing if theyd just replaced the surround (except it think my 'autosports suzuki' one is cool, and theyve shut down now i cant replace it) but to paint the chip black, not even say anything and expect me not to notice it.... are they insane?

and proof it wasnt like that when i gave it to them? SURE!
heres a pic of my car on the tow truck the day the motor went POP... you can quite clearly see the plate surround ISNT broken!

right... that was A...

B) The steering wheel is loose... and i dont feel a lot of feedback from the wheel...
steering is very light, though that might be because im not used to the car, so benefit of the doubt on that one... BUT
the wheel itself is loose somewhere between the firewall and the steering wheel, there is a lot of movement and a noteable 'click' when it reaches the limit of that...
(turn your speakers up)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eypiYsET6lU[/video]
(can you guys please go check your wheels for me and tell me what you think!)

sooooooooooooo last thing

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

While on a visit into drop off my towage receipts i overheard a conversation my service guy was having with another customer who sounded in a similar situation to me...

they had bought a Suzuki with a 3 year warranty and promotional extra 2 year warranty.
They had not serviced there car through the Suzuki dealer in over 3 years, the car was out of the first 3 years of the warranty so they DID NOT honour the problem the customer was having.

This is because...
the first 3 years of the warranty is a Suzuki FACTORY warranty, and so getting your car serviced somewhere else is fine, the factory will replace any problem that will arise

the second 2 years was a (promotional) Suzuki DEALER warranty, so not servicing the car through the Suzuki dealership meant they could deny liability because they could not say the car had been maintained and serviced properly...

I am SO SO SO lucky i always had my car serviced at my dealer, i just didnt trust anyone else....

SO PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS IF U HAVE THE PROMOTIONAL WARRANTY,
and clarify what type of warranty you have IN WRITING to avoid being that poor bloke!

soooooo

all in all.... a very educational experience... and once these little things are sorted she'll be all good.... fingers crossed and keep motoring folks!

(off to do a happy (slow) lap now ;) )

SchumieFan
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

I won!
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

i rang them today,

a) my loose steering colomn

Answer: we didnt touch the steering column
UM..... im pretty sure my pic above shows the colomn is missing... you can even see the hole in the firewall!

b) the interestingly broken number plate surround and BLACK touch up paint on the front bar

Answer: NO we wouldnt have done that....
"ive got pictures of the car that show there was no damage there when i dropped it off...

Answer: ill talk to my manager and get back to you
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

SchumieFan wrote:i rang them today,

a) my loose steering colomn

Answer: we didnt touch the steering column
UM..... im pretty sure my pic above shows the colomn is missing... you can even see the hole in the firewall!

b) the interestingly broken number plate surround and BLACK touch up paint on the front bar

Answer: NO we wouldnt have done that....
"ive got pictures of the car that show there was no damage there when i dropped it off...

Answer: ill talk to my manager and get back to you
Suzuki fail
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

alternator packed up last week, cost me another $200 in towage...

fixed under warranty...

now waving goodbye to the ZUK...

saying hello to my new beast tomorrow morning... (at least its a mitsi!)