technical

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Froto.gr
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

technical

Post by Froto.gr »

hey hey there just looking for little help,ive got to brakes on my gr,and would like some opinions on brakes any advice would help on disk pads,or complete brake upgrade,thanks guys.. :?:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: technical

Post by vipfto »

go to GPX callipers and rotors (slotted if you can) and some good pads like EBC green stuff, once installed bleed the system with good fluid and brakes will be better than you ever imagined
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

cool and same disc aswell,dont the mitsi brakes not overheat an warp shorther life,jus lookin at black diamond and they good review,open to options,so will look into gpx upgrade,what suspension you got or recomend for fto,,
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I got coilovers but some good springs like tein/king etc with kyb shocks will give a nice setup too

and black diamond are good its only the factory discs that have been known to warp ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

nice 1 mate,like the tein supply good setups,so would you recomende i use aftermarket brakes or go with your first option..??,how much you lower your car ride,what size wheels,
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Yeah just upgrade to GPX brakes no need for aftermarket unless your going for mahoosive power but do get different discs like black diamond as you say

Mine sits really low but like I said I have coilovers so can adjust it to suit anytime (just got to be careful not to rip off front bar)

I have 17inch wheels and 18inch also but running on 17s ATM until I need to change because of tyres, however that wont make a difference as the overall diameter of wheel and tyre is the same and offsets of both sets are correct
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

iv come to a point where im going to fit gpx brakes to my gr,
im buying discs and pads of camskill..

pads all round - EBC pads.

peformence disc's front - models,gr,gx,gs,non mivecs.
diameter - 256/height45.1/thickness - 24/min thickness - 22.4
number of holes - 5
brake disc type - ventilated

disc's rear - models,all
diameter - 258
brake disc type - solid
number of holes - 5/2

caliapers i need to source yet so ill fill in win get

hope above disc and pad will do trick for now like i say no major power YET but when time come ill work on it,let me no your opions guys and thanks for advice :mrgreen:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

those size discs are standard GR size Gpx ones are 276mm for which you will need the twin piston callipers also
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI