Treasure Hunt In July .. (Sunday 25th) **CANCELLED***

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Treasure Hunt In July .. (Sunday 25th) **CANCELLED***

Post by Teania »

Ahoy all me hearties..... we're running a Treasure Hunt in July - with PRIZES and as a Club Fundraiser. :D

This will be an all day event, starting out from Homebush where you will receive clues to lead you to "special" destinations and checkpoints. At some locations there will be information you will need to find and record, others will be purely checkpoints where you will need to get a timecard signed. At the end of the day we'll all end up at the Final Destination for a drink, to award the prizes and maybe have a meal.

Entry fee will be $15.00 per car ($10.00 goes towards the prize pool and $5.00 club donation) - each car will be considered a separate entry. At the end of the day, there will be prizes for 1st/ 2nd & 3rd places (equaling 50% - 30% - 20% of the money from the prize pool). Receipts will be issued - a valid receipt will need to be produced at the end of the day to claim your prize if you are a winner.

This event is open to EVERYONE - not just FTO members. So bring along your family - your friends - whoever.... have a fun day, a chance to win prizes and ultimately support your club.

FTO Committee members will be on hand all day if you need assistance. Treasure packs will be issued at the start of the event containing your first clues and your timecard.

If you are interested - - post up here or you can pm/email me on tanyabroadby@hotmail.com and I will send you through more information....the full details will be available when we have finished finalising the route...

This will not be a speed event - everyone is reminded that speeding is against the law and the club will not be held liable. It is more a matter of how quickly you can work out the clues and use your street directory to work out the quickest route.
Last edited by Teania on Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellsmurf
Apprentice

Post by Hellsmurf »

definately sounds interesting...just wondering, will it be staggered starts, or differant people having to do the checkpoints in a differant order, or something like that? i ask because the last time i went on one of these "navigation rallies" i ended up having a trail of 4 others following me to all the checkpoints!

ill have to check with my boss, but for the moment, count me in!
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D we plan to stagger cars .... clock them in and out of checkpoints - so only total travelling time will count (not how long u are at a checkpoint). This way if the cars do bunch up - we can help separate them all up again.

should be a fun day.... :P
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

what a rgeat idea, i cant wait sounds like it will be an awesome day, have to make sure each mail driver has at least one female in their car, to ensure the winner doesnt win through speeding
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

Sundays are usually booked out for me.. I usually miss out on this fun treasure hunts... so I've never been to one :(
Tanya, do you know what time this may start? I want to see if I can go :)
sounds like it's going to be good fun!
<FONT color=#ff00ff size=2><FONT face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff00ff size=2><FONT size=2><FONT size=2>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT>
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

if only i didnt have hsc trials :(
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

G_A_V wrote:what a rgeat idea, i cant wait sounds like it will be an awesome day, have to make sure each mail driver has at least one female in their car, to ensure the winner doesnt win through speeding
lol, in that case then we are going to go slow AND get lost due to their navigation too...

No offence girls... :P
Based on my opinions...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

postponed due to lack of interest....