Delvance's new toy car..

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Delvance's new toy car..

Post by Delvance »

Thanks for the heads up guys. I will look into it and go from there. The car being a toy thing.. i'm not concerned with tire life, just need lotsa grip.

Was putting around on low boost just tonight, and it still fries the rears with 1st and 2nd if i'm not smooth with the throttle, and that's part throttle for second even. Currently has 235 marangoni mythos f/r which are supposed to be very good tires already :lol:
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

Delvance wrote:Good point brad_gpx..ima look that up!

I have also decided the r33 needs new shoes..am looking for some semis. Thinking r888 or 595rsr hrmmm

i tried to look up some information on safety of new cars vs old cars when children are involved but found sh*t all.
they seem to compare only the safety of the cars when involving adults and then adding on the end "if you have a child they are safest in the backseat"

that was only like a 1-2 minute look though, i was hoping to find something good in like the first page of google lol.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Delvance wrote:Thanks for the heads up guys. I will look into it and go from there. The car being a toy thing.. i'm not concerned with tire life, just need lotsa grip.

Was putting around on low boost just tonight, and it still fries the rears with 1st and 2nd if i'm not smooth with the throttle, and that's part throttle for second even. Currently has 235 marangoni mythos f/r which are supposed to be very good tires already :lol:

ah the old marigonis cheap crap :lol:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Huh ok I haven't looked up the child safety with airbags etc yet, will tonight. You used the feeling lucky button didn't you lol.

Yep marangonis.. They're not too bad but definitely not what I'm used too. I've had semis on dailys before and that was great except for when it was pouring rain. Previous owner had slicks on and even those didn't hold 1st however bah.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

I've bought a better daily!

Ae112r corolla ascent manual in white, sedan, with a sports lip and skirts. Looks good, immac inside and pretty neat outside and low kays. Drives good but will need tires soonish and a wheel alignment.

Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Oh dude its fullllllyyy sick uleh
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Meh, i think it looks good without being try hardy. Not like it's a whole different bar, just a lip and skirts. Have you seen these things in stock trim ? Very bland/boring.

Loving driving it, it desperately needs a wheel alignment however. Sooo easy and relaxed to drive, and amazing low down torque for a 1.8l. Having power steering on my daily now is a definite plus too!
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Aha sweet bro as long as it fills your daily needs your all sweet.

Got your weekend car for everything else :lol:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Delvance wrote: and i wanna sell my unit
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Lol family guy references are lost on me... Don't really watch! So what was the lol moment I missed out on =(

Got the wheel alignment on the rolla, much better. Getting oil, filter and gearbox oil done Thursday night. Couldn't be arsed squirting gbox oil so got my personal mechanic booked.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Sorry, it was a drunken post that was *~hilarious~* at the time lol. I forgot I made it... I think it was a giggle to you saying that you wanted to sell your unit *snigger*
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Lol Aj.

Well i can't sell the unit yet but it's on the cards in terms of under 5years once the missus is back to work.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Delvance wrote:Wait a sec, lemme grab my flame suit!

Yes yes..Delvance sold a sky.line only to buy....another sky.line!! /Smack

As some of you may know, i recently sold my v35 sky.line due to expecting my first child in december! I'm quite excited but that's besides the point..

I had a couple of cars in mind as a cheaper weekender/toy car. The top ones on the list were either an eg or ek civic with a motor conversion - i wanted either a b18cr or a k20a. 32/33 gts-t's were on the list as were other oddities/rarities like older corolla's with a 4agze/worked 4age/4age silver or blacktop conversion, FTO's, pulsar gti-r and maybe a couple that i don't remember.

So criteria was:
FAST, handles, plenty of mods done already as i won't have time/money to do it myself when the baby arrives, not too shagged chassis lol and if it was gonna be a Big Ugly Soap Box Racer, a rebuild of some form would be preferable with enough km's to know the rebuild wasn't dodgy.

Trolled carsales and various car forums for about 2 weeks then came across an r33 gts-t owned by a mechanic. Owner was relocating overseas giving me a good bargaining point keke..

Soo, called the fella: not owned by a hektic, check. Ok sweet! Seller proceeds to tell me about the car and it's got enough of my interest to organise a meetup. Met up and got the full low down on the car, got horny, bargained, and placed a deposit :D and bonus, he used to work at autotech engineering!

Soooo.. it's an r33 gts-t series 1.5 that curiously has a series 1 motor lol. It's had a rebuild 65xxx ago with new nissan parts, gaskets/hoses, o/s 0.05 pistons and bore to 2.6L. All support mods (blahblahblah) along with a responsive turbo setup and head port/trimmed guides. Dba4000 f/r rotors with p.mu pads and braided lines. Hks springs/bilsteins. Also has a full boston system and the car has been fully dynamatted (interesting...first car i've owned with a decent system but i like it). Oh, and a really loud horn :P

It was his daily so i have had to spend some time tidying her up. Did an ok paint detail and cleaned/dressed the interior a bit. Got a service done for oil/filter/brake fluid and replaced a leaking p/s hose. I then replaced spark plugs and put some new coilpacks on as the old ones were shagged causing spark blow out/misfires. Just had another exhaust put on today as the old one was cracked around the welds. Also bought and installed a pod enclosure to keep things lower key. It's coming along well :)

Have now decided to get an ae112r corolla as a new daily.. soo if you know anyone selling one at a decent price, lemme know 8)
Looks like it has the Banana front bar on it. I have the same front bar, my mate sells them down in Vic that's an exclusive bar - I've wrecked 3 already on the track over past few years.

How much power is it running with that setup? - you need some new wheels though...

I only drive the r33 on the track and hill climb days every few months, have to say its still fun to drive 350kw rwd cars with no TC that weight 1300 kgs.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Hey KJ,

Thanks re the front bar! I've been trying to track down the origins of it since i purchased the car as i haven't really seen it on anyone else's line. Would you have a link to your mate selling the bar or something similar ? I quite like the bar, looks nice and smooth.

Uhm, i haven't dyno'd it in my ownership but previous owner said it's 240kw on a very conservative daily tune at unigroup. I'm planning to tune for e85 soonish and make it more aggressive seeing as it's a weekender. It's got oodles of mid range with a gt2871r which is what sold it for me.

Yeah those 34 gtt wheels aren't the greatest but it'll do for now. Such a shame my old set of gramlight 57s wouldn't fit :(.. the rears were 9.5 +22.

No tc/abs on this one either and the lsd has been shimmed/changed from what i can feel. Definitely fun driving a 90's jap rwd with ok power.

How's your r33 going ? Haven't seen you around here for awhile.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Delvance wrote:Hey KJ,

Thanks re the front bar! I've been trying to track down the origins of it since i purchased the car as i haven't really seen it on anyone else's line. Would you have a link to your mate selling the bar or something similar ? I quite like the bar, looks nice and smooth.

Uhm, i haven't dyno'd it in my ownership but previous owner said it's 240kw on a very conservative daily tune at unigroup. I'm planning to tune for e85 soonish and make it more aggressive seeing as it's a weekender. It's got oodles of mid range with a gt2871r which is what sold it for me.

Yeah those 34 gtt wheels aren't the greatest but it'll do for now. Such a shame my old set of gramlight 57s wouldn't fit :(.. the rears were 9.5 +22.

No tc/abs on this one either and the lsd has been shimmed/changed from what i can feel. Definitely fun driving a 90's jap rwd with ok power.

How's your r33 going ? Haven't seen you around here for awhile.
Should be on SAU under for sale, search fro Mavric.

Mines going ok, only gets driven once a month if that, sits in garage most of the time. New Seats going in it next week plus some minor mods. A guy wants to buy it so see how that goes...

I still have the FTO, but that will go soon also, only gets parked at the train station - my wife has a porsche now and I just upgraded my last Audit 08 TT 3.2 Quattro for a '10 TTS which just better to drive than all of them so I leave them in the garage...
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Don't tell me she's gonna park the porsche at the train station though! That's just asking for trouble, well i dunno for melbourne but would imagine it's the same.

Not a fan of euros myself but can appreciate it none the less. Does that mean the r33 is going to be gone too ?

I looked for Mavriv on sau and found the banana bar sale thread. From what i can see in photos, my bar is a definite match for mavric's banana bar. Happy about that.. i liked the look of it when i saw the photos of the car on carsales and finding out it's not some ebay bar just makes it even better :D
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Delvance wrote:Don't tell me she's gonna park the porsche at the train station though! That's just asking for trouble, well i dunno for melbourne but would imagine it's the same.

Not a fan of euros myself but can appreciate it none the less. Does that mean the r33 is going to be gone too ?

I looked for Mavriv on Soap Box Club and found the banana bar sale thread. From what i can see in photos, my bar is a definite match for mavric's banana bar. Happy about that.. i liked the look of it when i saw the photos of the car on carsales and finding out it's not some ebay bar just makes it even better :D
I know Mavric personally he is in Melbourne and was a member of SAU Vic. He is the one with the mould.

R33 vs TTS its really no comparison in any shape or form, the Audi is just so much nicer in every way and no more defects.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Can't argue with that!

The corollas been serviced and wheel aligned. What a great easy drive!

The boat is going in for a retune Monday, cant wait to see what it will do. Since cleaning the car up, it's running much better but the increased flow has caused knocking on high boost bah.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Tuned to 250rwkw on low reading dyno with a stomping mid range!

Exhaust control valve and tyres next.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Good work Jono!

Ive found a new nissan (well Datsun) that I really want. (completely unrelated I know) :tongue:

71 240Z with an L28 and OS Giken DOHC head. Better known as the office tomitaku 240Z.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%