Delvance's new toy car..

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Delvance's new toy car..

Post by Delvance »

Wait a sec, lemme grab my flame suit!

Yes yes..Delvance sold a sky.line only to buy....another sky.line!! /Smack

As some of you may know, i recently sold my v35 sky.line due to expecting my first child in december! I'm quite excited but that's besides the point..

I had a couple of cars in mind as a cheaper weekender/toy car. The top ones on the list were either an eg or ek civic with a motor conversion - i wanted either a b18cr or a k20a. 32/33 gts-t's were on the list as were other oddities/rarities like older corolla's with a 4agze/worked 4age/4age silver or blacktop conversion, FTO's, pulsar gti-r and maybe a couple that i don't remember.

So criteria was:
FAST, handles, plenty of mods done already as i won't have time/money to do it myself when the baby arrives, not too shagged chassis lol and if it was gonna be a skyline, a rebuild of some form would be preferable with enough km's to know the rebuild wasn't dodgy.

Trolled carsales and various car forums for about 2 weeks then came across an r33 gts-t owned by a mechanic. Owner was relocating overseas giving me a good bargaining point keke..

Soo, called the fella: not owned by a hektic, check. Ok sweet! Seller proceeds to tell me about the car and it's got enough of my interest to organise a meetup. Met up and got the full low down on the car, got horny, bargained, and placed a deposit :D and bonus, he used to work at autotech engineering!

Soooo.. it's an r33 gts-t series 1.5 that curiously has a series 1 motor lol. It's had a rebuild 65xxx ago with new nissan parts, gaskets/hoses, o/s 0.05 pistons and bore to 2.6L. All support mods (blahblahblah) along with a responsive turbo setup and head port/trimmed guides. Dba4000 f/r rotors with p.mu pads and braided lines. Hks springs/bilsteins. Also has a full boston system and the car has been fully dynamatted (interesting...first car i've owned with a decent system but i like it). Oh, and a really loud horn :P

It was his daily so i have had to spend some time tidying her up. Did an ok paint detail and cleaned/dressed the interior a bit. Got a service done for oil/filter/brake fluid and replaced a leaking p/s hose. I then replaced spark plugs and put some new coilpacks on as the old ones were shagged causing spark blow out/misfires. Just had another exhaust put on today as the old one was cracked around the welds. Also bought and installed a pod enclosure to keep things lower key. It's coming along well :)

Have now decided to get an ae112r corolla as a new daily.. soo if you know anyone selling one at a decent price, lemme know 8)
custommodz
Grease Monkey

Re: Delvance's new toy car..

Post by custommodz »

That is a nice example of a skyline.

I'm looking to get either a R34-GTT or a S15 Spec R in a few months, still trying to find a good one with the more annoying mods already done.
mz_madz
Grease Monkey

Post by mz_madz »

Nice :)

My baby (due in October) will be in Daddys 33!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hmm .. Yeah nice... But I have never been a fan of 33's ... 32's or 34's are my cup of tea...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Congrats!

Well i wanted to keep the v35 but the missus nagged about it being 2 door and hard to get the baby in and out of...i counter argued with it was gonna be always me doing it so no difference anyways.. she then pulled some womanly witchcraft making me sell the v35 lol =/. I think i'm wearing a skirt :|

We'll be putting the baby in the corolla though when i get it, the sky.line will remain my personal toy. It's actually worked out quite well as my daily is starting to get a bit too junky (20yo camry with no power anything lol and probably minus 4 star crash safety rating heh). It's also meant we've bought most of our baby stuff as well during the end of fin. year sales saving 2k so far!

GL with yours :)

custommodz,
Thanks mate. I got it for a really good price however the exterior isn't in fantastic condition. One small bit of bog, some dents/scratches but this was part of my plan... if the car ain't perfect outside, i won't care much when it gets more dings/scratches. I've been too anal with my past cars and presentation. The interior is still schmick though, that's important mhmm.

rock_it,
I'm not a fan of 34 t's (only the R's). The 32 t's are pretty cool but this 33 was close to perfect for me with the mods etc. Was trying to avoid the rb20 as well because i've gotten used to the vq35 torque from the v35. The 2.6l displacement really helps with spool and having a response setup/tune just makes it nicer to drive without anger lol.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Now it all makes sense to me (see other thread --->) You couldn't have posted a worse picture though. Lets see more!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Interesting :lol:
will have to check it out on the 18th :D
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

:P :P :P

It's the only pic i have of it atm! LOL.. goes to show what i think of it's looks hah!
The exterior really is average...there's a sizeable dent on the roof too from a rock off an overpass. I gotta get it paintless dent removed when i get some time. I already reduced the size of it a fair bit by heat/dry ice.

Aza,
If you can keep up ;) lol j/k. It won't be going nowhere super quick. It has .. traction issues :x Needs some semis next tire change or wider wheels hrmm.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:facepalm2:

Sorry... I had too :lol:

Should bring it to the upcoming dyno day (see NSW section)
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

:D :D

You LOVE it!

I may, if i get it tidied up to my satisfaction by then, hopefully.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

So now there will be two turbo cars with traction problems on the run :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Nice, not a fan of R33 but i can respect your choice.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Aza,
I might be ok, just turn the boost down or something. Ideally i'd get one of those elec boost controllers that do gear based boost settings.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Delvance wrote:Ideally i'd get one of those elec boost controllers that do gear based boost settings.
HTFU! Know your throttle ftw! :lol:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Good choice! its a shame that you gave up the 350gt...but i see you are going back to basics.....and thats good!

btw you should have a car with 5stars safety rating for your baby....not a broken down corolla....lol
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Lol Bennoz, i know it but just love the psycholigical satisfaction/tickle from mashing the go pedal...even in my POS camry :P

Zuihoujueding,
Thanks, yeah it's a shame i had to let the 350gt go... Back to basics is right. Going from the v35 to the r33...i instantly get the 90's sports car chassis feel goodness. Most modern chassis/sports car feel bland to older ones. I guess the same can be said for 90s vs a classic like a 240z though.

The ae112r corolla has 4 star crash rating :), hence me picking it. While being cheap, reliable and basic enough for me to do most things on it myself. I cannot afford anything extravagant atm with the missus taking at least 1 1/2 years off work o.0 and i wanna sell my unit and get a house..

Corolla broken down...NEVAH!!
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

arent all the new cars less safe for babies and little kids because of the huge amount of airbags they are putting in?

or id assume they would all still be roughly the same safety rating for kids and only adults would benefit from new cars.

there cant be that many improvements in crumple zones etc
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Good point brad_gpx..ima look that up!

I have also decided the r33 needs new shoes..am looking for some semis. Thinking r888 or 595rsr hrmmm
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I would go with the 595rsr's as the r888 will run low faster.
The last track day I did with the RSR's I found them go have a sh*t load of grip and did not take long at all to get up to running temps.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I have heard a lot of good stuff from kuhmo ku36 lately too but sizes are limited from what i can gather they are known to be grippier than the federals but not sure on life span though
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI