Very rattly window...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

HostileSmoker
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Very rattly window...

Post by HostileSmoker »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, just picked up a Veilside GPX last night and have a few niggles to sort out.

One is the drivers window, it rattles (a lot). The importer told me I just need a small piece of plastic which pushes the window outwards (away from the car) and so should stop the rattle.
Anybody any idea about this?
<P>Hostile Smoker<BR>14.92 sec 1/4 mile<BR>[img]http://www.hostilesmoker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/FTOSite/pics/strip.JPG[/img]</P>
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

Yep, replace the window guide.
Do both sides, as the passenger one will go sooner or later, what happens is when the door is closed with the window down, the guide wears a little quicker than usual as there is more pressure on it (and it's only plastic) it's a little bit of a headfuck to get to, but worth the effort.
Pnc is:
67125R Slider FR DOOR WINDOW GLASS GUIDE
Part number/replacement part number: MB321766
(drivers side)
and:
67125L Slider FR DOOR WINDOW GLASS GUIDE
Part number/replacement part number: MB321765
Pass side.

Any mitsi dealer can get them from Japan, possibly a retro part from another model fits, I'm not sure.
Cheers, dAsh.

EDIT:
Just noticed you're from Brummy :)
I've been there to the Cadbury factory, followed by a visit to Dorian Yates' Gym, how's that for 2 extremes?
Camskill in the U.K can most likely help you with your window guides, they used to carry them on their website:
www.camskill.co.uk or www.camskill.com
Richc2
Apprentice

Post by Richc2 »

Thats correct. The last time I checked the Mitsi dealer said its the same part on the galant. Quick fix. Good luck. My Mitsubishi genuine part no is MB321766 and MB321765 though. :roll: