oil thermostat??

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto-007
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

oil thermostat??

Post by fto-007 »

hi
i have put a oil cooler and relocation kit in my car and i was told that i will have to put a oil thermostat on it...is the true if so what temp do the 6a12 run at as the are different temperture thermostats to buy :roll: any help would be great cheers ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: oil thermostat??

Post by I8A4RE »

No you dont. In fact I have never heard of one before on a car and dont know why you would want one
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

fto-007 wrote:hi
i have put a oil cooler and relocation kit in my car and i was told that i will have to put a oil thermostat on it...is the true if so what temp do the 6a12 run at as the are different temperture thermostats to buy :roll: any help would be great cheers ;)
did you mean an oil temperature gauge connected to a sandwich plate??
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

no apparently you can get a remote oil thermostat that goes between the oil cooler and the oil filter. when the engines oil temp is cold it bipasses the cooler untill the oil temp is up then it opens up and lets the oil through the cooler.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

SO not necessary.

By the way, are you talking engine oil or gearbox oil?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

engine oil :)