Next Cruise (24/10/10 - Mt Tamborine + BBQ)

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Next Cruise (24/10/10 - Mt Tamborine + BBQ)

Post by BorepYano »

hey guys.
Just have some time to kill before I have to head out, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling, since you know... technically I'm supposed to lol

So far, we've been to the northside, west (Toowoomba) and there's been a couple little ones that Stef has organised around the city area. I think for the next oen we should maybe head south? Gold Coast area, maybe Mt Tamborine?
And I'm thinking we should leave enough time for everyone to organise themselves, so maybe mid October.

What do you guys thing? Suggestions on location or dates? what can you do what can't you do.

and how awesome is this: I CAN STICKY THIS NOW YAYA!!!!!
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
Kustom
Oldtimer

Re: next cruise

Post by Kustom »

:facepalm: Yeah just gimee some time to aquire a few more hours off work I've kinda used it all up on taking days off lately so yeah! But yeah sounds good!
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

NIce yang good work mate.

Yeah mt tamborine is real nice some real nice roads too.

What are peoples thoughts on a bbq. Maybe its just because I am hungry but I could really go a bbq right now
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Yep I could go a bbq.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

um... the problem with BBQ is that no one ends up bringing anything, if i remember correctly, this is not the first time we've spoken about a BBQ. But if there's enough interest, I'm sure we can organise something (i.e. either BYO everything, or name a few ppl to bring stuff, and ppl just chip in to pay them back)

As I don't know the area very well, where's a good public BBQ area around there?

Stef, it's going to be in 2 months time, i'm sure you can work up enough time by then :)
Spency, this may sound like a stupid Question, but are you in Hobart? lol
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Right that better.

Well I know some places up there that bbq facilities. I dont mind bring some stuff. I'm just really hungry.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

I don't see why it would be a problem with arranging people to bring stuff?
The problem lies in organizing it, if you just say yeah bring whatever, no one will bring anything. But if you allocate people to bring different things, its not to bad.

Well I wouldn't see why it would be.

And why wouldn't there be much interest? It's still a cruise, just with food :D
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

they problem lies in ppl forgetting or not showing up (i.e. if say... the person that's meant to bring all the sausages or the cooking utensils canceled at the last minute).
But we'll give it a shot :)
Simon, if you can map these places out (google map link?) then we can organise around them :)
kiz wrote:
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

if your going to have a bbq get one person to bring almost everything and get everyone to chip in. its the only way to do it apart from byo.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

brad_gpx wrote:if your going to have a bbq get one person to bring almost everything and get everyone to chip in. its the only way to do it apart from byo.

WOW!!! I need to lay down. This is OFFICALLY the smartest comment you have ever posted. Well done! There may some hope for you yet.
KTB_22
Apprentice

Post by KTB_22 »

I have a better idea... We all meet at a point.... where theres either a shop..... or otherwise on the way we can all stop in and just chip in a few bucks each.... That way were not relying on someone to bring something incase they decide not to show up...

Just a suggestion anyways.. :lol:

But im keen :) Should have the black fto up and running before then :)

...I hope
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Meh, whatevers easiest.
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Or you can all just come up to here yeah?

I like this idea :D
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Lame idea Sophia.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kustom_FTO wrote:Lame idea Sophia.
+1, unless you own a boat
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Capitalize the freaking thread name dammit it's pissing me off!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

from now i am not going to use capitalization now.... just to annoy you :kustomfto:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Re: nExT cRuIsE

Post by BorepYano »

I'm actually keen for a longer drive, but I think for this one we'll leave it as a Gold Coast one. I'm thinking... might organise a much longer one (up north) if there's enough interest later.
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Or you could get your ass to the interstate cruise
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I8A4RE wrote:Or you could get your ass to the interstate cruise
Because that's the only bit of him you are interested in.

Sorry, Victoria is dead and I need a State to adopt me.
LED ALL the things.