New mags / wheels = bad handling

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chr15j4m35
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New mags / wheels = bad handling

Post by chr15j4m35 »

Need some advice,

I recently changed my stock 16inch mags with 17inch advan white mags which came with a set of tyres.

Problem is the handling now feels very stiff, every time I go over a speed bump or ruff surface I can feel the vibration.

I’m still using my stock FTO suspension and shocks, is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Re: New mags / wheels = bad handling

Post by Kustom »

Well i'm guessing you've drop a profile size or 2 so with thinner tyres thats normal. Not to sure about what you can do.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yep lower profile will definitly firm up the ride. You can fit a higher profile but then you could possibly start running into rubbing issues depending on offset and how high you go.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
chr15j4m35
Apprentice

Post by chr15j4m35 »

If I change the suspension (i.e. sports suspension) or get new shocks, would that make a difference to the stiff ride?
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Yep. Make it stiffer. :lol:
Taz wrote:When funds allow