new DIY idea, just throwing it out there

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

new DIY idea, just throwing it out there

Post by BorepYano »

Hey guys, I've actually been thinking about this since the last DIY day, but just never got around to posting it up.

what do you guys think about this idea:

instead of hosting the traditional DIY day, how about we have a working bee set up instead? i.e. maybe every month or so, we'll get together at 1 member's place and just work on their car? you know... everyone pitch in with what they can do to all work on only just that one car? (or a couple of cars, but the point is to agree o which one/s we are going to work on, and everyone pitch in)

I like the idea because I think we'd be able to get more done since it'll be easier to organise (it'll be up to the specific member to make sure all the necessary equipment and material are available etc...). of course we'll have to agree to still keep going to these after everyone's worked on our car, lol. and also it's something different. And we dont have to worry about space nearly as much, since this way we only have to need enough space to work on the one car.

I don't think this would be fair on say... Simon, since there's probably not much we'd be able to/he'd trust us to do on his car, but... I'm ok with taking advantage of him, anyone (apart from Simon) have a problem with it? :D

to some it up:
we figure out whose car, where and when.
the owner makes a list of things to do.
the owner makes sure everything needed is available.
ppl show up to help.
owner provides pizza/BBQ for lunch.

just throwing it out there, feel free to tell me what you think :)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: new DIY idea, just throwing it out there

Post by I8A4RE »

Sounds good mate.

I will have to add this though.

Guys DIY days are not for diagnosing problems. Firstly 9/10 times, I dont have the equipment and/or secondly the time to spend diagnosing is to great. You are better off starting a thread on here prior to the day so I can get a heads up on your issue or even taking to a mechanic to get diagnosed and then I will do the work, for you.

Cheers
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Sounds good but I think the problem we have with DIY's is that.. well, we don't really have THAT much to do, or if so, it's a 1-2person job so .. yeah.

I'm always keen to do somethin so yeah i'm in.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well this might just be me, but i have a whole bunch of little things that needs doing (i.e. when garth and simon did my window rails, I've actually put that off for about 4yrs lol). and if there's a bunch of these little jobs, we can all get together and work on different bits at the same time.

and just to be clear, I'm not planning on getting a dozen members together for these or anything like that, probably will only be a few ppl anyway (i.e. probably less ppl than the last DIY day).
kiz wrote:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Well you organise it and i'll be in it.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21661
sticky-ed for now (if there's not enough interest I'll take it down)
kiz wrote:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Good to see your doing something around here yang.