Ok, so im servicing my car this arvo..Need opinions.

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ok, so im servicing my car this arvo..Need opinions.

Post by renzkuken1 »

I want to give it a minor service and want to put in a really good cold intake air filter system.
I'm still unsure how it works or what to get or what prices.
I also want to make the piping in my car blue atm it's just rubber/plastic stuff connecting everything, but you know what i mean right?

Can you guys help me out with what stuff to get and what oil etc to put in it :)

thanks FTOer's
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Re: Ok, so im servicing my car this arvo..Need opinions.

Post by renzkuken1 »

K&N Apollo Cold Air Intake System - Blue

$289.00

Apexi Power Intake Filter Kit - 94/10-00/7 Mitsubishi FTO GPX (DE3A)

$280.00

Can you guys explain to me these two items and what they both do for my car? I'm so confused. It's one of those things once you have done once you understand how to do it. :)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

K&N oil filter, either 5W or 10W semi synthetic or fully synthetic oil penrite has a good range, get some flexi tubing from autobarn, remove the standard piping that goes behind your front bumper, and replace it with the tubing, get a K&N panel filter and go to an exhaust shop and get them to make up a stainless steel pipe from your throttle body to standard airbox.
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

renzkuken1 wrote:K&N Apollo Cold Air Intake System - Blue

$289.00

Apexi Power Intake Filter Kit - 94/10-00/7 Mitsubishi FTO GPX (DE3A)

$280.00

Can you guys explain to me these two items and what they both do for my car? I'm so confused. It's one of those things once you have done once you understand how to do it. :)
Go for the apollo filter its like the apexi filter but it is enclosed with plastic to keep the heat out making it a cold air induction which sucks cold air into the motor and burns the fuel more efficiently giving you more power and better fuel economy,but i guess you have to pay your fines and fix your car up first before you get this lol.
dr390
Mechanic

Post by dr390 »

look and find for the UAS intake piping thread that evo put up bro cause, if you want to get the most out of your system get the muthafukn pipin!!!!

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21803
Tell me when i stop

Uploaded with ImageShack.us