FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by G_A_V »

ok sorry guys, my parents really need me to work on sunday morning, ill see whati can do and try get their just after lunch time, how long does it take to get there ?
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

GAV you missed a great day....
hopefully some of the funnier moments will be caught on camera... ;)
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

cool i hope so, I was dead set cursed from attending today, soo many things stood in my way lol, I hope you guys all had a great time, who got the quickest times how did you compare to the other cars on the track ??
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

G_A_V wrote:cool i hope so, I was dead set cursed from attending today, soo many things stood in my way lol, I hope you guys all had a great time, who got the quickest times how did you compare to the other cars on the track ??
we beat a few cars but most turbo's were quicker than us...

1 GTR did a 65second lap which has to be up there with Supercar times. it sounded the part as well. full timings will be up in the next day or so

the biggest problem was the group we were in and constantly having to give way to faster cars (rob didn't have as many problems as i did)... my times were all over the place 1min 21 to 1min 26... i only ended up with one relatively clear lap whilst we were doing time events, which really sucked! and my tyres didn't hold up to more than 6-7 laps before they were too hot to actually give me enough traction.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:P speaking from a spectator point of view - the day was AWESOME!!! The cars looked really good out on the track and all 3 of you guys drove really well.... *sigh* ..... so jealous..... :P

Can't wait 'til the photos are up - and looking forward to the next one.

ps: and a HUGE thanks to Mikey for his champion effort in coming up to join us :D It was great to catch up and look forward to seeing you again in Mallacoota in only 3 weeks!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

what a weekend!!! i had a truly wicked time with all of you ppls and I am certainly looking forward to doing this more often hahaha...

first and foremost I gotta thank Tanya & Glenn for letting me stay in your lovely place, feeding me and taking me around... Your hospitality is very much appreciated! :D

Next i would also like to thank crazy Robb, who took me for a spin around Wakefield in his full-sick FTO - u'r one hell of a driver mate, cheers! and also thanks for the club shirt and picking me up from the airport hahaha. :lol: hope to see you at our next track day in Vic... ;)

oh and also cheers to Adam for lending me his race helmet hehe... ;)

I was also very pleased to meet some of the Sydney/ACT members (Trish, David, Jiwan, Boris & Adam). Certainly looking forward to see/hang out with you ppl again hehehe...
Last edited by GPXXX on Tue May 18, 2004 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

as for the events of the day, robb was flying the flag for FTO Australia and doing us proud - go you good thing haha... :D

yes, it was very pleasant to see our FTOs doing better than some of the turbo RWDs out there who are supposedly more powerful but alas our handling prowess showed them what FWD can do hehehe... :twisted:

i still can't believe how that Civic managed to serve a decent flogging to some of the turbo cars out there... what an absolute screamer :shock::oops:

pics to come soon, some of the videos didn't turn out very well since it was kinda dark but it's still viewable... ;)
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

the day was fun, though unfortunalty clutch/gearbox problems resulted in significantly less 'fun time' in my car than i could have wished for...

i was pretty impressed with my times, seeing as in the 'timed session' i did only get 5 laps and 4 of those were with relativly large sections of 'neutral' with me tryin to find a gear....(quite frustrating)

and during the first practice session, having to giveway to things like Evo4's was getting annoying, though i do wish my car was in the same class ;)

i think i ended up coming last of our 'class', but with only 2 seconds covering the 3 of us it aint to bad :)

and damn was that 'slo 32r' FAST!!!!!

SilentBob
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

yeah overheating problems were a pain weren't they...

oh well transmission oil cooler's for us i think....
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

GPXXX wrote:what a weekend!!! i had a truly wicked time with all of you ppls and I am certainly looking forward to doing this more often hahaha...

first and foremost I gotta thank Tanya & Glenn for letting me stay in your lovely place, feeding me and taking me around... Your hospitality is very much appreciated! :D

Next i would also like to thank crazy Robb, who took me for a spin around Wakefield in his full-sick FTO - u'r one hell of a driver mate, cheers! and also thanks for the club shirt and picking me up from the airport hahaha. :lol: hope to see you at our next track day in Vic... ;)

I was also very pleased to meet some of the Sydney members (Trish, David, Jiwan & Adam). Certainly looking forward to see/hang out with you ppl again hehehe...
Hope you had a good time mate. Glad we brought some Melbourne weather for you too!

And remember what the good doctor said...0.8bar is all you need!!
From FTO to EVO......
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

pffft 0.8bar my ass... even my farts gives higher psi than that LoL :lol: there's no way u can get those lap times without major hardware under the hood... i mean we are talking v8 supercar lap time territoy here! :shock:

...but geez it was kinda freezing that day ey... even my steak sandwich were cold... *shudders*

hehe yeah I had an awesome time - you guys ROCKKK!! :D
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Good to hear u guys had a great time. I kinda regret not going. :(

Any way, just for reference the fastest V8 Supercar lap of Wakefield is a 1:00.0527 set by Simon Wills in a VT just over 3 years ago.
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yes but this supposedly 'stock' R32 did a 1:05 or something... :shock:

and he did mention it's an ex-Group A motor... but it would be pumping close to 600hp to achieve those times!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

pictures are up here
http://ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?op= ... all&gid=47

i'm compiling a video and it will go up in the next few days...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

hey guys
i'm working on a video at the moment of the track day it will be finished hopefully within a week (just need all the footage to be sent to me)...

I'm really happy that everyone had a great time and encouraged to hear that some of our spectators are considering putting their cars on the track at future events.

As our spectators would have noticed Wakefield is an incredibly safe track and all the cars that came off the track (no FTO's) were undamaged and could be driven away immediately.

Wakefield have regular open days where we can go down there and play with our cars the costs are:

No Speed Limit Days (Open Practice)
$80.00 for the day
$40.00 for a Wakefield Clubcomp Licence valid for 12 months
$20.00 Helmet hire available per day with a $50 Deposit
(i think timing monitors are extra but not much)

would people be interested in coming along? Probably go along later in the year.

we could also use eastern creek which is a bit closer to Sydney members and a good track as well
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Steve I'm having issues sending that in-car footage of Rob's driving via email... is there any other way i can send it, like an FTP server or MSN etc?
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

would people be interested in coming along? Probably go along later in the year.

we could also use eastern creek which is a bit closer to Sydney members and a good track as well
I will be at the next one for sure, but due to only having my car for about 2 weeks (and not having it on the weekend anyway) that was never going to be on this time.

Am looking forward to the footage! I am sure we will all hear much more about it in less than 3 weeks at the club launch.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

mrx wrote: Am looking forward to the footage! I am sure we will all hear much more about it in less than 3 weeks at the club launch.
haha yeah ;) give me a few beers and i'll start complaining about the damn ford excort (turbo'd big time) that kept going off the track in front of me, spitting up miles of dust and parking itself in the middle of the track!!!!!! OMFG.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

results are up...

only fastest laps are recorded which doesn't really give a good indication of the traffic and other problems

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... .WAKE.S2.Y
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

steve was jinxed by the spinout god last weekend LoL... almost half of his sprints at the track were ruined by spinouts in front of him haha... if you were to plot a graph for his lap times, it looks almost like a rollercoaster track hehe...