UAS intake info for future reference

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

evoman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

UAS intake info for future reference

Post by evoman »

Hey Guys,

I know this has been claimed before and there might even be several dyno graphs floating around somewhere, but I thought I would provide an update on what something like a UAS pipe alone can achieve for the FTO even using the stock airbox.

I know the below info is nothing new, but with some of the questions I have seen floating around the forum lately I thought I would put up some solid input.

After cutting down to size, the pipe will fit perfectly with the stock airbox. First step for me will be to get some black spray paint out. Hate the red.

My before run showed my bone stock GPvR punching out 98.9FWKW in third gear (4th gear hits the limiter :( ) which I was acutally pretty happy with. I was expecting something more like 90.

After fitment and retaining the stock airbox, this pipe is good for about 3-4FWKW. So I'm now punching 102.6FWKW, although the difference is only really noticable in the upper rev range.

Bigger gains could probably be had with different intake setups, but personally, my next step will be to cut a 3" hole in the bottom of the airbox and run a nice thick bit of rubber pipe down to somewhere near the radiator mouth.

gpx000
Mechanic

Re: UAS intake info for future reference

Post by gpx000 »

hey i have the same kit. but i have an aluminum box, i was wondering if you made that box yourself to fit the UAS filter?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

thats the standard box, you have an aliminum one, its good. You just need to get a haltech dude, you cant do anything else to your car performance wise. AJ has already done it all.
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

haha yeah i just realized that its going to be a pain making the box. the filter is actually bigger than i thought lol. i just thought it would run better if it was enclosed. but yeah once i get a job. ill be saving for a haltech. just needed to see what i had to do first.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Thanks for that evoman. Appreciate what you did :)
Taz wrote:When funds allow
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

there is more you can get out of that mod :D
you need a bigger opening for both sides of the air box and a ram tube and a better air filter.
you should get around 6-9kws out of the UAS air pipe.
But its coming along great :twisted:
storm hawk
Grease Monkey

Post by storm hawk »

PROVEN RESULT More can be extracted with pod filter in a insulated,. forced air, feed box. With results Iike this will help the group buy of uas intakes going down at moment in the group buy section. Great work EVOMAN.