Hey. I have a noob question.

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Giggity
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hey. I have a noob question.

Post by Giggity »

Hey all. Lately I have noticed there have been some FTOs going for the $4,000-4,500 mark on carsales and eBay. Also, any above $5,000 haven't really been selling. On redbook, it tells me that a 94 FTO is worth above $6,000. My question is am I able to get a decent 94 FTO for around $4,000? That's all I can really afford but an FTO is my dream car. Would buying a $4,000 FTO cause me too many problems?
Kustom
Oldtimer

Re: Hey. I have a noob question.

Post by Kustom »

Giggity wrote:Hey all. Lately I have noticed there have been some FTOs going for the $4,000-4,500 mark on carsales and eBay. Also, any above $5,000 haven't really been selling. On redbook, it tells me that a 94 FTO is worth above $6,000. My question is am I able to get a decent 94 FTO for around $4,000? That's all I can really afford but an FTO is my dream car. Would buying a $4,000 FTO cause me too many problems?
Chances are, yes. You could be lucky though.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

My advice is save for a bit longer. You wont be disappointed. For that price the chances are VERY high that there are things wrong with it.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I think no matter what price range you buy a fto you can have problems. Sure the less the price is, then "POTENTIALLY" you will encounter more problems. But if you do your research and know what to look for then I think you can score yourself a bargain. Personally I wouldn't buy any car with out myself or a trusted mechanic getting the thing on a hoist.
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    Giggity

Post by Giggity »

Thanks for the honest replies! Looks like I've got some research to do to see what to look for in an FTO. I knew it was too good to be true, though. I'm good friends with a mechanic so I'd get him take a look at the car first but because I live in Ballarat and most of the FTOs for sale are in Melbourne, I probably couldnt get a hoist. Gives me something to think about. I might just keep an eye out and until a good one comes up, I'll keep saving. Thanks again for the replies.
    Chiinkstarrh
    Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

and also would be better if u find the nearest place from home to get fto parts easily when in an emergency

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
    koolio1234
    Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I would definitely look at spending more for one, $4000 seems a little on the dodgy side.
    [img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
    -Nighthawk-
    Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

With the current market I've noticed the following:

$4000-$5000 - will have a problems with it, most likely accident damaged
    $5000-$7000 - still have a few problems, but nothing that can't be fixed
    $7000-$8500 - if you're lucky you'll be able to get a pretty decent one for this, although nothing will be 100% perfect
    $8500+ - something nice should pop up if you do your research, most of these "should" be well maintained
    Pkat
    Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

hey WTTC. If you need an fto mines up for sale had a engine swap in march this year and currently its on 64,xxx kms, its still a mivec engine. If you want more information its up on car sales. Though im from melbourne
    Kustom
    Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Go for a 8.5k man you'll be happy with that ;)
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Reading this thread makes me want to kill myself.
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

:thumleft:
    silverGPX
    9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

i spent 10.5k on mine and i have had nothing but dramas...
    Kuran
    Grease Monkey

Post by Kuran »

I spent 4k on mine and about the only thing in good nic is the engine ;)
    Giggity

Post by Giggity »

Rereading this makes me embarrassed! Since I posted this I've studied this forum heavily and have learnt a lot. I have saved almost $6,500 for an FTO so far. Don't worry Sublime, this thread makes me want to kill myself, too. I feel so stupid. :oops:
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

I have a manual FTO for sale at 6.5K if that helps.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Kustom
      Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Giggity wrote:Rereading this makes me embarrassed! Since I posted this I've studied this forum heavily and have learnt a lot. I have saved almost $6,500 for an FTO so far. Don't worry Sublime, this thread makes me want to kill myself, too. I feel so stupid. :oops:
      He's saying that because of how much FTO's have dropped in price. :lol:

Giggity, you should definitely have a look at dwaynes white FTO for 6.5k
      Giggity

Post by Giggity »

You have a beautiful FTO for sale. Unfortunately, I live in Ballarat, Victoria, and I have my heart set on a silver FTO. :( Good luck with the sale, though. :)
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No probs. Really important to know what you want, so well done for being patient (that can be quite hard). Took me 3 FTO's to get it right. If you take your time and do your research, youll end up with a better car that youll be happier with in the long run. Dont be afraid to travel though. Plane fares are cheap and a couple of hundred dollars spent on a ticket can save you thousands. Ive bought 2 cars from Melbourne. Took 8 hrs to get them home, but the fare was less than $100.

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for. Itll turn up eventually.
        Kustom
        Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

dstocks wrote:No probs. Really important to know what you want, so well done for being patient (that can be quite hard). Took me 3 FTO's to get it right. If you take your time and do your research, youll end up with a better car that youll be happier with in the long run. Dont be afraid to travel though. Plane fares are cheap and a couple of hundred dollars spent on a ticket can save you thousands. Ive bought 2 cars from Melbourne. Took 8 hrs to get them home, but the fare was less than $100.

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for. Itll turn up eventually.
        +1 I wish i waited for mine lol. I'm also on my 3rd.