Weapon-R Dragon intake

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Weapon-R Dragon intake

Post by Shane001 »

The thing I'm interested in more so than the filter is the intake pipe. It'd be interesting to try this back to back with another pipe using the same filter, to see whether this twin pipe has any effect on the volume of air being sucked into the engine.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Your still going to have the bottle neck at the throttle body. If it was on a forced induction application then yes, I would tend to believe that it would have benefits but on a na application, I highly doubt it.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

having said that, would you see any benifets of having an even BIGGER throttle body? not just the 65mm that RPW produces?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Im not sure at what the cross over point would be. But there would be a certain point that no matter how much bigger you went there would be no more gain. Didn't David from RPW say something about this in another thread?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

could email them asking if they were reffering to standard aftermarket intake pipes, or pipes such as the RAM air induction? see if they're keen to experiment and pass the findings on to us? :D
okamitengu
Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

I have one.

the neo titanium

they ship saying( and i emailed to verify) that it would fit the fto as stock. all parts included.
i set an hour or so aside to do and got into it. (:

it set up easily and went like a breeze until....

what i found was there is no way to connect the MAF to the CAI.

its looks sweet in my pre layout pics.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d5b229646e

i am currently in contact with the company. i have found the one MAF adapter i need, but its the principle of the thing.

since those pics i have thrown in a heavy duty battery to drive my ICE later. i will need a right angle and a 33 to lay it out now and it wont look quite as good.
i also have a couple of ultra bright purple LED sets to throw in the engine bay

will update as it progresses.
(:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

That looks amazing! Although I do think it looks a bit too long. Even if you had a mivec engine(no need for MAF), it might still be too long, maybe it can fit, but who knows...
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

looks like it might fit into the mivec version. is that with the patent twin tube? YUM!
okamitengu
Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

zuihoujueding wrote:looks like it might fit into the mivec version. is that with the patent twin tube? YUM!
yes it is, and teh ram tube.
havent heard from dragon RE; sending me the needed adapter for my MAF.

im gonna cave in the new year and buy my own.

its killing me looking at it, and not being able to use it 8O
okamitengu
Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

*UPDATE*

well, there is no way to fit it all with the MAF.

i found one at supercheap, same price as ebay.
brought it home. stripped it all again, and tried every configuration under the sun. there isnt enough room with a MAF and that pipe. ):

so im off to find an aluminium bend. just bodge something together to get it done.
im going to keep the pod filter and ram kit.

anyone interested in buying the titanium "look" pipe? i paid nearly $250 for the whole kit. (plus postage!)
sell the pipe for $150? its in Adelaide.
zerofour03five0nezero459 if you are.
or okamitengu(at)g mail dot com
okamitengu
Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

another update!

the company that sold it to me has FINALLY put me in contact with weapon R manunfacturers. waiting on response.

im seriously just considering getting an engineer to gut 7 inches off it however. will keep you all informed!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Umm.. do you want me to just cut out the centre section with a hacksaw for you??

Cause that's all it will need. You will however need to grab a maf adaptor plate & a 2 x 3 inch silicone joiner section with clamps to make it stick in there.
okamitengu
Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

believe me ben, if you were in adelaide or i was where you are, i would have been round many times (:

at this stage im just waiting out the weapon R company. if that fails im going to get 7inches cut off. i love the pipe. it looks so swish (:

:cyclopsani:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

okamitengu wrote:believe me ben, if you were in adelaide or i was where you are, i would have been round many times (:

at this stage im just waiting out the weapon R company. if that fails im going to get 7inches cut off. i love the pipe. it looks so swish (:

:cyclopsani:
Mate if you need some modding or mechanical work done send me a PM ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

This ^

I hate to see men lose 7 inches :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Bennoz wrote:This ^

I hate to see men lose 7 inches :lol:
Or in your case 4.

*runs*
LED ALL the things.
mosti
Mechanic

Post by mosti »

Pipe looks really nice. Did you ever manage to get it fit?
I needed a battery relocation for mine. Maybe the battery was mounted a few mm to the left in comparison to your own?
acemate
Apprentice

Post by acemate »

Has anyone got one of these yet,i saw the one in a kiwi FTO,looked great,what one of the 3 is best suited to a GPX,i noticed the kiwi has a thinner battery,so it cleared that.Are any just a straight fit with no mods required.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

acemate wrote:i noticed the kiwi has a thinner battery.
I didn't know that the Kiwi ran on batteries :lol:

Hey acemate, I'm glad you revived this thread, I think the NEO TITANIUM looks awesome.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300403859435 ... 1436.l2649
Anyone found a better price for this?
Is it available in Aus?
Might have to put this on buy with tax return list 8)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
acemate
Apprentice

Post by acemate »

Yeah im looking at these,I had my eye on an Arc intake on ebay,but bidding had started and someone snapped up every FTO part the guy was selling before they all ended,the arc,mivec controller,plus a full exhaust extractors and all.Arc would have been a straight swap,thats what im looking for with these dragons,im not one for doing radical changes to fit something on.