* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NSW Motorsport Team

Post by smorison »

Hey guys,
well as we are about to become a CAMS affiliated car club it opens up a whole lot of doors. I would like to create a NSW Motorsport Team, so we can compete against other car clubs.

I see the team looking like this

3-4 Competing cars
various Support Staff

What Support Staff you say???? yeah what i mean by this are people who want to come along and watch on a regular basis who are happy to lend a hand - help transporting equipment. help doing servicing and that sort of thing.

What i would like to do is compete once a month or every couple of months doing events such as hillclimbs and motorkhana's.

who is interested?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:P Not that I really need to reply...... :P

I'll def. be there as support staff, take stuff and bring drinks/munchies etc.... maybe in the future I'll consider competing :D

and Adam/ Robert??? I assume you will both prob compete??
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

I'm interested as a driver. :D

I regret not going to wakefield, so I've decided to jump at any opportunity to compete. And if I'm not able to drive I'll offer support. Draw up some signs, start up a few chants and the like. :lol:
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

i would like to compete ! but den again i'm not dat good on track as i have NEVER been on it !
maybe support staff is a good start?
may be able to move my way up !
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

fto617 wrote:i would like to compete ! but den again i'm not dat good on track as i have NEVER been on it !
maybe support staff is a good start?
may be able to move my way up !
if there is enough interest in people learning advance driving i'd be happy to arrange a weekend event with ian luff or someone like that.

events like wakefield is a great place to learn as well...

what i envisage though is actual competing in timed events like the WA guys did recently... setup a team, have tuning days and stuff and well generally have fun and hopefully win a few prizes along the way
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

hmm i sure am interested in advance driving !
can i have some details?
like..price and what we do?
thanks !
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Teania wrote:and Adam/ Robert??? I assume you will both prob compete??
if we're talking things like the WA guys do...ie timed short course stuff etc then Im sure steve already knows my answer and has penciled me in ;)
if not, steve get out your pencil :P

SilentBob
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

do i even need to reply, but i guess i should

so steve i will be in for this

when and were is the first event or together
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Maybe we should run a driver training day or something, as i think a few ppl wouldn't mind to do it, they are just probably not confident cos they haven't done anything like this before... ie. like me... :?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

im very interested in learning...
and then after ive learnt im willing to be one of the drivers if you need my sh*t skills
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

every body is needed, and yes everyone is allowed to try, you never never know if you don't try,

i had never been on a track till the other weekend and it was still a learning curve for me too

so come along and you might supprise yourself
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

hey im definitely interested in being a support staff, wats the process gonna be now?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'm keen to be a support staff, but since I'm in Melbourne I will always be there in spirit! :D
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

GPXXX wrote:i'm keen to be a support staff, but since I'm in Melbourne I will always be there in spirit! :D
Yeah its the same for me Mikey, except I'm even further away from up here in Queensland. :roll:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

i'll be in it too :D
Disrespect is easy. Respect is the difficult road to take.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

wow there's a lot of interest (more than i thought)

Robb: i'd already kinda included you in the team anyways :)

I'm going to start developing a plan around this over the next few weeks. I want to speak to a few companies as well and see what sort of support we can get from them as i can see it becoming quite expensive as we go through consumables...

Hopefully i will have something to present at Mallacoota, but don't hold your breath...

I will also speak to Ian Luff hopefully during the week. his prices are as follows:

1) STAGE ONE - DRIVE TO SURVIVE: Weekday - $265.00
Saturday Surcharge - $15
This 1 day (8 hour) programme is ideal for increasing car handling skills and lifting awareness levels using both wet and dry conditions.

2) STAGE TWO - ADVANCED CAR CONTROL: Weekday - $275.00 Saturday Surchage - $15
Excellent follow up to Stage 1 with more advanced technique in skid and slide control on Skid Pan. Stage 1 Drive to Survive is a pre-requsite.

3) STAGE THREE - PERFORMANCE DRIVING: Weekday $345.00
Approved by CAMS for competition licence endorsement. Ideal for learning all racing aspects or enjoying a "speedfix". Stage 1 Drive to Survive is a pre-requisite.

Note: Stage three is required if you want to get a C3 license or higher from CAMS.

L2S license from CAMS does not require training.
Hellsmurf
Apprentice

Post by Hellsmurf »

another option as far as driver training/CAMS licence requirements, there is also Peter Finlay...I did one of his two-day courses last year, the first day focuses on car control and safety, the second day is racing techniques and skills...

his website is:
http://www.finlays.com.au

the two day package is $650 and satisfies the OLT requirements for CAMS C3 licence requirements...

oh and btw, i am NOT on peters payroll lol...just had fun doing it last year... :lol:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i'll have a chat ton finlays as well...

ian luff's pricing is just off the net pricing and i know they do group discounts and stuff
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

For all us Queenslanders,
I can highly recomend Safe Dricer Training they do all three levels. Check out www.sdt.com.au . As for racing Once a month Willowbank have their saturday sprints. Check out www.queensland-raceway.org.au for the schedule. Also for the 1/4 mile try the test and tune days & nights on
www.willowbank-raceway.com.au.
I have done all of these and really enjoy them. Notice I have not mentioned Hillclimbs, see my post on "FTO not a race car".
I feel safe on the track but will not do a hillclimb again.
Hope to see some more FTO`s on the next sprint day.
Jeff