1995 FTO GPX Manual Black 120,000 Kms (Nowra, NSW) $8000 ono

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jezza
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Jezza »

Hey guys,
Up for sale is my FTO, a regretful sale, but I am on placement out at Broken hill again come end of Jan, and well the outback is no place for the FTO. Been a good car, and am sad to see the sexy chick puller go :)

The Specs:

1995 GPX manual FTO
120,000 Kms
Rego till Oct 2011
Stock bumpers, wing, alloys
Official Momo racing steering wheel (about $400 value)
Official Japanese Arc Air intake box (about $500 value)
Conversion to single Nvidia exhaust (offical USA brand)
Double Din Pioneer CD/MP3/Tape/3.5mm in head deck + front 6" and rear 6"x9" pioneer and alpine audio (good sound - about $600 value)
Good clean paintwork and cosmetics
Inside fairly nice
2 new front tyres and complete wheel alignment
Well serviced since

The Service History:

Power Steering and aircon belts changed @ 110,000 Kms ----------
Cambelt changed @ 111,000 --------- next due @ 211,000 kms
Oil and oil filter changed @ 111,000 -------
Coolant changed @ 111,000 kms ---------
Radiator Hose changed @ 111,000kms
Spark plugs changed @ 111,000kms (only front 2 - see issues)
New clutch kit @ 115,000
New CV joints + Rack boots @ 115,000
New front tyres + alignment @ 115,000

Exhaust fixed @ 107,000 kms
Bumpers, side skirts, and roof rust points fixed and sprayed @ 109,000 kms
Touch up paint work done @ 112,000 kms
Audio – subs/amps/aux installed @ 111,000kms (sub now removed but audio and power cables ready to go still)
Head Lights cut back @ 112,00 kms
Headlight wire short repaired and alternator bracket fixed @ 120,000

The Story:

I bought this car in July 2009 @ 106,000Kms and no major services done. It was in below average condition, and required plenty of work. Also only had about 3weeks rego on it.

First started by actually bracketing the exhaust properly so it didn't randomly hit the ground
Then got the paintwork and rust points in the roof fixed (about $1000).
Next I did the car audio stuff (about $600)
Next was a major service - all belts, oil, coolant, hose @ 110,000 Kms

Next was the spark plugs - which was nothing but issues - changed the 1st spark plug, went fine, went to change the 2nd one, and the dickhead who had worked on the car before had overtightened it and gladly didn't tell me when selling it (if he actually knew). Required me to use a tappet device to get the new spark plug in. Didn't change anymore after that, as there was no issue with them and I was purly changing them for maintainece and didn't want to find more overthreaded spark plugs. I still have the other 4 spark plugs spare and can be given to ever buys the car incase they want to change them. Also replaced one of the spark plug coil cos it was all cracked and sh*t.

Car then ran quite well after all the servicing for quite a while, until about July this year. Thrust bearing went in the clutch, and then eventually the clutch went several weeks later. Brand new clutch installed and while it was there, CV joints and rackboots replaced (another $1500).

2 new front tyres and complete wheel alignment in Oct ($300)

Car again running fine, except headlight fuse blew several times, auto electrician replaced wiring and and fixed alternator bracket ($150).

So Ive just got back from my first stint in Broken Hill, and well I don't really want to take the FTO back out there, time to say goodbye I think. Annoying after I have done so much work to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Problems:

Taco, air and oil pressure gauges have never worker since I got the car - have never bothered attempting to fix - never worried me - sure its just some wiring somewhere.
Cracking around the headdeck unit - standard for these cars - have superglued it up and its passable - can't be fukd spending $150 on a piece of replacement plastic.
Driver side window rattles when half down (fine fully up or fully down) - meant to be a simple fix, but never have actually bothered.
Spark plug 2 using a tappet device, as discussed above.
Car seems to stall when I clutch in and turn sharply, not sure if its my driving, or power steering is a little off, again never really worried me and could honestly be my sh*t driving.
Exhaust is probs obstructed somewhere, not leaking!!! but is probs limiting performance by a few kilowatt

The Sale:

I am in Nowra, about 1 hour south of Wollongong in NSW. I am free everyday as am on holidays and am happy for you to come and look at the car and test drive. I have tried to be as honest with my description about the car as I believe in karma. Im not going to lie, this car probs requires more work, as I think owning an FTO always does!

I am looking at around $8000 for it. But what do you guys think its worth???? I am negotiable.

Feel free to contact me on 0415351230 anytime.

Most maitanance has receipts, except for some of the belt changes and servicing stuff as that is done my me and my dad. I have receipts for the parts aswell though!

Car is probs due for a minor service - oil, oil filter, coolant and air filter change soon, can do it if you really want lol.

Any q's feel free to ask guys.

Cheers
Jeremy
Jezza

Re: 1995 FTO GPX Manual Black 120,000 Kms (Nowra, NSW) $8000

Post by Jezza »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Oh I forgot to say, heater does not work! never has, I think the core failed and they cut the pipes to stop leaks. Cooling and Air con still work fine!! Again, never use the heater so have not bothered even attempting to fix.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Just want to add, there's a few too many problems listed which are bringing the value down. $8k is way too much with current problems.

Might want to actually get quotes to see at least what the exact problems are and how much to fix. If you're honest about what it costs to fix it, people can make a decision whether they want to buy the car for $x and spend $y fixing it.

At least it paints a clearer picture on costs/effort for the buyer.

Good luck.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Murdockie1992
Apprentice

Post by Murdockie1992 »

Wonder if he has sold this, he will drfinately not got 8,7 or 6 loo but if I could get it for the right price I think the problems could be fixed within my price limits?
F.UCKING T.ERRIFIC O.RTOMOBILE

FTO AUSTRALIA
mosti
Mechanic

Post by mosti »

.Spark plugs possibly overtightened and need extra work to get them out (as if rear bank wasn't enough)
.Crack in stereo surround
.Cat converter possibly blocked? (car may be running rich)
.Power steering seems to be rooted
.Heater doesn't work
. window rattle (20minute easy fix)

Doesn't matter how much you spend on the car and what you've replaced, as sublime mentioned, its all about how much extra is needed to be spent to get things working.

Good luck with the sale :)