Hi im corey,

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

coreys99fto
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi im corey,

Post by coreys99fto »

hey
My name is Corey, i finally became a member! i recently just bought my second fto (completely stock 99 model GPX, was owned by a 60yr old who used it as a weekend car, was babied its entire life and owner was jus a pandentic about it as i am so its in phenominal condition! honestly have not seen a tidier one before in my life.. its like new haha, will post photos soon). unfortunately i wrote off my last one, had a veilside kit, custom blue paint job, chrome mages, dual cannon exhust, custom turbo set up, the works! was an amazin machine and went like a rocket, had a good $50k spent on it. (will post photos of this car too).

So now its time to start again, and I'm looking forward to it! Have a great passion for these cars and have a new vision and direction that i want to take this one to. Goin to stay away from the tuner racer look like the last one i had (got heaps of attention but im tryin to keep a lower profile this time, well at least till i finish uni and am makin big $$ again) and im goin for a Ralliart Factory Tuned look so its gunna b classy! :D already have custom brushed aluminum pieces on order! I look forward to sharing my knowledge, updates on the progress of mods and hopefully gaining some heplful tips frrom everyone as well. :)

As a first question, im lookin for clear tail lights, side repeater and front repeater (circle ones as it is a facelift model).. does anyone know where i can find these?

Cheers, Corey
Treat your car right and she'll treat you right
spency
Mechanic

Re: Hi im corey,

Post by spency »

Dstocks has just ordered some clear front repeaters for himself, I'm not sure where the pictures are but they look great! Side repeaters I'm sure come off ebay. Clear tail lights would be a tough find unless you get somebody to make you a clear lense, which would be a f**k load cheaper then buying genuine project F.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Hey mate WTTC :D
Which area are you from?

As for the items you want:
You can get the clear side indicators from here, i got mine from them to
http://perfectrun.jp/src/detail.php?pid ... arid=10202

For the clear front indicators have a read of this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22270

And for the clear tail lights lol im not sure where you can get them from, i think there hard to find and they could also be a bit expensive.
topgun
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by topgun »

Welcome :)
"FTO stainless steel goodies!!!"
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Welcome friend, to the club... 8)
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hi Corey, welcome!

I am guessing this was you then?

So your in brissy then? That did look like one nice car.

Would love to hear more about the build.

Oh yes and we are all pic whores here, so post away. ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

^ I have more photos of that, i think a member here posted it up or i saw it of a news website.

Yeah that did look like a really nice car.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Looked like my car for a second there...
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Welcome, though $50k spend on your last car even if it was turbo? :|

How come you weren't on the forums before by the way?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

yeah that crash was me unfortunately.. lucky to walk away from that one! its still abit of a knife in the heart seein that photo again, yeah im in the brissy area.. keen to go on some cruises! lol had checked out the site once ro twice before but did write on discussion board until now because i forgot my login n password and only jus resigned up once i bought this new FTO.

Thanks for the tips on places to get those clear indicators, i had checked ebay because thats where i got them from last time but there arnt any available :(

I will post some photos up, will have a look how to soon :)

I didnt spend the full $50k on it myself, i put bout $15 into it. It had a T3 turbo, Large hybrid front mount intercooler with custom piping, oil breather can, external wastegate (gave a great sound to the blow off valve), dual port blow off valve, 2.5inch straight through exhaust to dual 5inch cannons (sounded great!), im sure im forgettin a few more mods but there the main ones. The turbo was running on 7psi and was make 200bhp at the wheels, may not sound like a lot to some but i wanted to stay conservative n not put the engine under too much stress. had it kickin in at 3500rpm (so wasnt havin to spool up all around town) and when it kciked in it did it sucked u into the seat! especieally with the cold air mornings :D pulled a high 12secs on the quater mile and that was with an exhuast leak at the manifold. the fella who i had bought it off had taken a few shortcuts in the process of turboing it so i had to fix his mistakes. had to spend $3500 on it for mechanical work and take the gt wing off (was metal and had sharp edges) to make it legal for starters. and there was an oil leak at the oil return at the sump (had beed half arsed attempted to b fixed by silastic :| which made it cost more because the mechanics had a fun time tryin to get it off before they could weld it up). wasnt impressed! but then came the mods. the unfortunate thing bout it was that it was a GR model which doesnt have those added goodies and the brakes were not powerful for standard, so i upgraded the pads. (hence y i bought the GPX model this time aorund and theres a massive difference!) but all in all i fixed it all up and i added a bonnet scoop welded a painted the boot and front bumper (fix up rock chips etc), clear side repeater, blue lead dash light up, Boost and Oil temp guages, $350 Italian leather Millenium momo sterring wheel, issota drake gear knob, custom boot install with 2 12inch subs and 2 amps and battery in boot, the list goes on and on but u get the picture.

not a penny was spared when puttin it all together! was a show car on the outside, had the luxury racing feel on the inside, speakers loud enough to chatter your theeth, and went like a rocket :) was a great ride!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh man I wish you were a member back then would have loved to catch up and see how different your setup is to mine. Any pics of the engine bay? Would love to see.

So are you going the turbo route again?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Sounded like a awesome turbo FTO mate :D I would also like to see some photos too when you get a chance to upload them :twisted:

Was your turbo FTO a manual or auto? And what about your new FTO is that maunal or auto?
coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

hey,
yeah both my turbo and this new one are manuals, when i was first lookin at buyin an fto i tried the auto and i was very unimpressed by the lack of power (my 89" civic at the time would have given it a run for its money lol)

yeah i got a pic of the engnie bay, but its only of when i first bought it, so still had the heat wrapped pipes and no dual port blowoff valve (i had to get it mod plated). it was actually booked in to get a full engine bay dress up kit with stainless steel piping and redo all of the silicon pipes in blue, but it got smashed up 2 weeks prior. (will also post wreck photos)

Im undecided if i want to turbo this next one.. they are high maintence n im at uni now so the cashflow isnt quite the same lol so if i were to it wont b for a couple years. Jus goin to keep her in pristine condition in the mean time, prolly only do some cold air indcution and exhuast to help free up its breathing

i think id supercharge it this time though, still with all the trimmings and prolly bore it out to a 2.2L. I havent seen a supercharged one yet so thats y im leaning that way and i like to have something unique (plus less maintence). but if i were to turbo id prolly do an engine swap and chuck in an evo engine (seen a couple ppl do this). theyre much stronger and built for the power and wont encounter many issues in the engineerin department. and possibly turn it into an AWD aswell. somethign ill have to talk to my mechanics about to see what they recommend.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of really good mechanics in brissy area that know theyre fto's like the back of their hand? with the last one being turbo i took it to mazfix (only ppl in bris that could do the mapping and tunning on my Microtech LT-8 computer) and 999. was thinking 999 boys will still b the better option around but open to new suggestions? this one came with all the manuals buuut, i prefer someone with experience when touchin my engine.
coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

Hey guys, here are the images i promised :)

Direct Link: Image
Web player: http://img26.imageshack.us/slideshow/we ... 052009.jpg

coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

How do i get them to come up as images?
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

coreys99fto wrote:How do i get them to come up as images?
Fixed for you.
coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

Thanks mate

Btw, i will b wrecking this soon (within the next 6months), will test and see what is still working because theyres a bunch of performance parts on this that are still b salvagable (thank god!) so if anyone is interested or looking for parts let me know :) will put up a parts list when i get stuck into it, as the pics show theyre wont b any exterior panels that are salavagable, except for the boot lid with shaved lock and welded spoiler holes (not just puttied up).
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

WTTC dude, ! so many brissy members now ! LOl good to know =]

first when u were tlkn about your car i thought it was mine :lol:

same situation colour veilside front, but no turbo ect

mine was written off too... looks like your car was parked at aami assessment centre?

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
coreys99fto

Post by coreys99fto »

hey
haha wow, what are the odds, looks like urs was a sweet ride! sorry to hear that it couldnt be fixed. did u bend the chasis? and yeah thats aami assessment centre, such a depressin place to visit lol all the wrecks
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

coreys99fto wrote:hey
haha wow, what are the odds, looks like urs was a sweet ride! sorry to hear that it couldnt be fixed. did you bend the chasis? and yeah thats aami assessment centre, such a depressin place to visit lol all the wrecks
chassis was slightly damaged but i would say not much of a big problem, the reason i didnt buy her back was just.. too much hassle for me to work on it again, i've already had so much time and $$ on this already. So im still waiting on whoever who bought this car off auction would come on here =[ mine was at aami too

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder