Question about Veilside bumper.

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Giggity
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Question about Veilside bumper.

Post by Giggity »

Hey guys. I bought a Veilside rear bumper off of eBay last week but I only just noticed the exhaust mould bit is on the wrong side. All the pictures I've seen of this bumper has it on the right side. Does that mean I have a fake Veilside bumper or something? Or is Veilside the style type not the brand? I'm a body kit newb :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Re: Question about Veilside bumper.

Post by Supplanter »

The VS rear bumper has an exhaust cutout on each side, I think we need to see pics of your bar.
LED ALL the things.
Giggity

Post by Giggity »

Thanks for the reply. This is the best I could off my camera phone.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol, wtf..!

Return it if you can, or make a dispute with Paypal, especially if the picture of it on the webpage was showing the other side. I don't recommend buying kits off ebay. If you get it from an actual body kit shop you can take it back, but fat chance on ebay :?

How much did you pay for it?

Nobody really has a "real" VS bumper, they're all replicas (like most body kits) which anybody can make since the real ones cost an arm and a leg from Japan. This just looks like a real shoddy copy. Might not even fit well and look awkward once it's been put on.
Last edited by sublime19 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Giggity

Post by Giggity »

I payed $5 with $70 postage. I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks, I'll put in a disupte now.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

How long has it been since you've had it? Did you make the payment via PayPal?
PayPal offers a 45 day period (from memory) where you can lodge a dispute.
Also, the person that you purchased it from, are they a reputable seller (as in, a lot of sales/positive feedback etc). If they are, it may be as easy as sending them a message advising them of the problem. Otherwise if you want to write to PayPal, you can just add the picture of the product received, and the original advert showing nothing about it being on the wrong side.

You can still use it, it'll just look funny if you do.

Edit: I see you've just edited your post with the price. Hmm, $5?? Yep, that's too good to be true, lol.

With kits, you don't want to skimp too much. The cost of getting them painted and fitted, the last thing you want is a poorly fitting kit which looks very awkward. Look in the group buy section, 'dstocks' has made his own custom kit which looks far better and very reasonably priced. Expect to pay at the very very least $250-300 for any rear bar. Sideskirts are about the same for 2, front bars costing a little more. As much as everybody likes a bargain, keep in mind that you're replacing a well made factory body part, this is the first impression anybody ever has of your car. If you buy cheap knock-offs, it'll devalue your car greatly as well as making it physically unappealing.

Good luck.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Giggity

Post by Giggity »

I got it Monday, I think. Nah, the seller has something like 10 feedback. He's selling a lot of bodykits for Japanese cars so I just thought it would be safe. Just read "no warrenty, no refund" on the page :( Looks like I got scamed.

I'm not sure if it fits because I don't have an FTO yet. Does anyone want to buy a dodgy Veilside rear bumper off of me? Going cheap :lol:

Thanks for the reply. I just got too excited about getting an FTO that I wanted to buy the bodykit for it now, I didn't do my research so it was my fault.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

prob with that is even if you make a paypal dispute you would have to send the kit back to him and you wont get the shipping costs so you would only get the $5 so not worth it

as for the vs style dosent look like the one i had on mine
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

if it fits just use it haha and have the exhaust go straight out that side haha. it would be different
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

It wouldn't cost much to get a cut out on the other side.
LED ALL the things.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

nvr2low wrote:if it fits just use it haha and have the exhaust go straight out that side haha. it would be different
when i bought my car i had the carmate vs rear and they had it going stright out the left side no muffler just the vortex tip was loud as