Newbie FTO questions

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Steve0249
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Newbie FTO questions

Post by Steve0249 »

I'm new to the forum and this is just a note to say hi and to ask a few questions. I don't own an FTO at the moment but will be soon.

What sort of HP is the 6A12 engine capable of with and without internals? Why I ask is figures that I've seen so far (i haven't seen that many) don't seem big. Is weight more the advantage with these cars than actual power. I was watching a Youtube vid of one going around Eastern Creek and it was 170HPATW. Albeit it was staying with a 400HP Supra. It was actually that car that makes me want to buy one. It is an awesome FTO.

Does the 6A13 twin turbo bolt straight in or do you have to modify? I haven't seen any with the 6A13 installed which leads me to think it's not a good option. As they are adaptive learning gearboxes, is there software that can program shift patterns in the autos? Is torque steer an issue with FTO's?

What I plan to do is buy one as well as a another engine and just do it up and bolt it in. My main focus is engine and drive chain. I'm just doing a little homework before starting so I have scores of questions but if someone could answer these I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Steve
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: Newbie FTO questions

Post by vipfto »

check the turbo thread to answer 6a13 Q's

and yes it is a power to weight and handling factor that make it reasonable on track. Also you can extract around 150KW at the wheels with N/A form and yes torque steer can be issue if not addressed correctly.

But like I said search around the forums and you will answer all your Q's

Oh WTTC :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC :D

And yes as above N/A you can get up to and maybe higher than 150kws atws.
Also another option would be the 4g63t as an engine swap.
The FTO's weight can be from 1100kgs - 1300kgs, it just comes down to what the FTO is ( GR, GPX, GPVR and so on ) and what is in the car ie subs and amps and so on.
Kuran
Grease Monkey

Post by Kuran »

That FTO you saw on youtube was shanes. He's on the forums here :)
Steve0249

Post by Steve0249 »

Kuran wrote:That FTO you saw on youtube was shanes. He's on the forums here :)
I should have guessed the owner was a member. lol
aza013 wrote:WTTC :D

And yes as above N/A you can get up to and maybe higher than 150kws atws.
Also another option would be the 4g63t as an engine swap.
The FTO's weight can be from 1100kgs - 1300kgs, it just comes down to what the FTO is ( GR, GPX, GPVR and so on ) and what is in the car ie subs and amps and so on.
So with internals would 200rwkw be acheivable? Just rods and pistons. Is the bottom end OK for say 200kw? If it is, that would be awesome.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Well 200kws Could be done with noss but at the fronts as the FTO is fwd.
But without any addon's turbo/ noss I don't think you could do it.
Steve0249

Post by Steve0249 »

aza013 wrote:Well 200kws Could be done with noss but at the fronts as the FTO is fwd.
But without any addon's turbo/ noss I don't think you could do it.
OK thanks for that and I appreciate all the feedback so far.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Steve0249 wrote:I'm new to the forum and this is just a note to say hi and to ask a few questions. I don't own an FTO at the moment but will be soon.

What sort of HP is the 6A12 engine capable of with and without internals? Why I ask is figures that I've seen so far (i haven't seen that many) don't seem big. Is weight more the advantage with these cars than actual power. I was watching a Youtube vid of one going around Eastern Creek and it was 170HPATW. Albeit it was staying with a 400HP Supra. It was actually that car that makes me want to buy one. It is an awesome FTO.

Does the 6A13 twin turbo bolt straight in or do you have to modify? I haven't seen any with the 6A13 installed which leads me to think it's not a good option. As they are adaptive learning gearboxes, is there software that can program shift patterns in the autos? Is torque steer an issue with FTO's?

What I plan to do is buy one as well as a another engine and just do it up and bolt it in. My main focus is engine and drive chain. I'm just doing a little homework before starting so I have scores of questions but if someone could answer these I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Steve
If you want big power, dump the 6A13 in. It'll be cheaper than stripping & rebuild a 6A12. Yes they 'bolt' straight in, but the plumbing & wiring can be a bit of work.

Read my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15644

Steve0249

Post by Steve0249 »

Bennoz wrote:
Steve0249 wrote:I'm new to the forum and this is just a note to say hi and to ask a few questions. I don't own an FTO at the moment but will be soon.

Thanks in advance
Steve
If you want big power, dump the 6A13 in. It'll be cheaper than stripping & rebuild a 6A12. Yes they 'bolt' straight in, but the plumbing & wiring can be a bit of work.

Read my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15644

Thanks for that. How in blazes did I miss that. LOL. I must have been reading with my eyes shut.