EDM Motors Melbourne

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MintFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EDM Motors Melbourne

Post by MintFTO »

Hey has anyone here ever bought a car from EDM Motors before from Car City in Melbourne?

I bought my 95 GPX from there with 68,000 kays on the clock and within a few days of getting it home I discovered it had leaking cam seals and was leaving rather noticable amounts of oil on the drive way!

Anyway before I purchased the car I was told that if there were any problems I could get it repaired under the warranty (3 months) at a Local mechanic as I live in rural NSW and Melbourne is a 5 hour drive for me, and that EDM Motors would fix up the bill.

So after noticing the oil leak I let EDM Motors know about the problem they say thats fine take the car to a mechanic. So I take the car to Mitsubishi and get them to have a look and get the part and labour prices and let EDM Motors know about the car. So after a day or so I ring back Mitsubishi and ask them how they got on with EDM Motors and they said we told him about the repairs and he refuses to believe its what it is, and have they rang you? and ofcourse they hadnt... So I decide to ring them back and all of a sudden EDM Motors dont want to know me, they refuse to believe the car has leaking cam seals and cease to have any contact with me, except to say (quote) "we'll fix the car up good as new" then they say if you bring it all the way down to Melbourne where Ivanhoe Petrol will look at the car and have it repaired for you...

Yeh right, im not driving 5 hours to get my FTO looked at by a place that sounds as dodgy as that when they will be just as likely to tell me my problems occured on my trip down...

Makes you wonder what the use of a warranty is when you get service like that...
sam

Post by sam »

Man that sounds really dodgy... Have you thought about pressuring them legally? It might make the salesperson wake up and help you with your car problems.

I'm thinking about purchasing an FTO soon but think I'll cross off EDM motors off the list though..

-- sammy
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

Thanks for the Support guys, I have been intending to contact consumer affairs, but I keep getting a lot of mixed opinions a lot of them being that sure they will tell you your in the right here but where can you go from there, do you want to pursue it legally?? It sounds like quite a bit of hassle.

Anyway I got the car repaired and its running well now, but something just crossed my mind, The guy who sold me the car was telling me when I test drove it how he thinks the consumer is so over protected... now if that doesnt sound dodgy...

I should have woken up then!