1997 fto GPvR modded low ks

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

millsy
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

1997 fto GPvR modded low ks

Post by millsy »

hey, im just seeing if i can get a bit for this car, its no skin off my back if i dont sell it, perfectly happy with the car, just checkin options and if i get the price im askin for then i will sell

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... &silo=1011

is the carsales link,

or if that doesnt work, then just go on carsales n make it so the list come up with the highest price 1st. mine is the highest price private seller fto

its only $500 more than a stock GPvR, and that one has 35,000 more ks, and mine has a million cool things, like paddle shifting, competition subs n amp, white dash and interior, gauges, 18" and lowerd, bonnet stipes, really decent cdplayer, and a million other things that i cant think of

is asking $14,000 too much or too little, it sounds too little compared to the other gpvr's but $14,000 sounds a lot compared to the ones on ebay.

anyway, check it out
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: 1997 fto GPvR modded low ks

Post by Shhtuart »

No one will pay 14k for a GPvR.

Unless it's turbo.

But who needs turbo when your car "sits at about the 250hp mark,so faster than most turbo cars, expecially since it weighs 1190kg"

:roll:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Goodluck with your sale.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Please tell me you don't actually believe what you have written and that you are just trawling for noobs...
mr_andersen
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_andersen »

bushido couldn't even get 10k for his so good luck getting 14k for yours.

The good thing about FTO's is that not many people have heard of them so it's not impossible I guess.

GL.
millsy
Grease Monkey

Post by millsy »

ahk, i litteratly had no idea of price, i saw some gpvrs's on there for $13,500 with more ks and less mods, so naturally i thought il add a little bit for the ks... so the other ppl that have their fto for $12,500-$13,500 are dreaming? (assuming they are all pretty stock). good to know, thanks guys
cmoney
Apprentice

Post by cmoney »

Good luck with the sale

Not so sure about the 250hp bit, for comparison i have a 2 litre turbo skyline, & on 13psi its only around 200hp at the wheels as of the last dyno run, so i doubt youve got 250hp unless theres been some pretty decent engine work done thats not listed in you ad. I believe FTO's were rated at around 200hp at the engine for the MIVEC V6 from the factory if anyone can confirm?? The paddleshift idea is pretty cool, where did you get that done??

Car looks pretty clean, you never know what someone will pay if its what they want, so dont be put off by what price "most" cars sell for, but dont get your hopes up too much chasing a high price either....
mr_andersen
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_andersen »

cmoney wrote:i have a 2 litre turbo Big Ugly Soap Box Racer
LOL at the word fil.ter (note to self, don't forget the period)
cmoney wrote: I believe FTO's were rated at around 200hp at the engine for the MIVEC V6 from the factory if anyone can confirm??
Yeah that's right. A stock one these days is good for about 150 hp atw tops (I think).
millsy
Grease Monkey

Post by millsy »

yeah the mivecs are 200bhp, (im going off bhp, not atw), and have had full exhaust, KandN, a few variable tuning of sensors (exactly what the piggybacks do, but only to 2 sensors, and they are variable with comparators, resistors and mini amplifiers to deal with slight increases of air, fuel and the overall a/f ratio) and i have a lightweight "performance" torque converter, and underdrive lightweigh pulley, (the lightweight-ness "free's" up the bhp, not necicarliy adds power (or it might considering bhp was scaled with the stock car, and it would affect the crank hp possibly, but probably not) and the under driving would add power a bit (or once again, makes it more efficient power, but seeing as it was 200bhp scaled it may have added power), so i think i have added a bit having full exhaust and KandN and slight increase of air/fuel

and the paddle shifting, just tonight i took them off (as they were jjust cardboard on switches) becasue i needed a proper spring loaded switch with limits, so i decided to make the paddles into the existing horns, so my horns r just buttons on the side of the collum and the horn on the left is downshift and right is upshift, did it all myself, and is soooo much better, would def pay off around a track, as you have both hands on the wheel as you do heavy turns, so you can downshift/upshift at the exact milisecond. as opposed to laggy response, looking for the shift stick, and weak steering wheel turn presure (with only one hand).... and all you have to do is run wires from the existing switches. takes halfa to do, il do a diy part for yas actually,, didnt think of that at the time
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

MY FTO GPVR had 72000km on it and i got it for 6k that was stock everything except the strut bars and the candy paint... So Good luck with your sale never know some one might buy it if they really want a nice fto.