(NT) 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GPX - 103,xxx KMS

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

snicholmeister
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

(NT) 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GPX - 103,xxx KMS

Post by snicholmeister »

Hi all,

I'm thinking of selling my FTO to get something a bit more quiet & comfortable as I only really use it for work and back (don't usually get above 4,500rpm unless I'm out for a drive specifically). I am the 2nd Australian owner since it was imported.

It's a 1997 GPX model with a manual gearbox. Just had the 100k service done (timing belt, water pump etc). Have receipts for parts & labour. Has the following additions, most of which came on the car from Japan:

- Tein adjustable coilovers
- 5Zigen catback exhaust (sounds awesome :))
- Field 8-point controller
- ARC intake chamber with pod (also have Blitz pod and adapter pipe not fitted to car)
- High-temp coolant hose kit
- Version-R rear wing
- Super Advans (blue): wheels have a bit of gutter rash on, tyres are okay, about 50% tread
- Chassis brace (fitted just in front of rear seats)
- 8000k HID kit
- Pioneer MP3 headunit, fronts/tweeters/rears and a sub bolted in the boot. One amp for speakers, one amp for sub (professionally mounted behind the rear seats)

Motor runs well, have receipts for regular services. Interior is in fair to good condition: comes up well after a good clean. Steam cleaned about 6 months ago. Freshly tinted about 10 months ago. Some bad points are:

- Aircon doesn't work: had it looked at last week at and was quoted about $600-700 to fix. Apparently it has a leak somewhere around the condenser (however compressor & evaporator recently replaced - was running well prior to the above leak)
- Paintwork (black) is a bit rough in places: front/bonnet/roof are the worst due to the desert sun, sides and rear come up well with a wash/wax. Quoted around $1300 to respray front/bonnet/roof.

I'm hoping to get around $7500 for it (negotiable) - I understand it needs a bit of work to get it perfect but it has low Ks, mechanically it runs fine, and just had a recent major service. It is currently located in Alice Springs, NT so transport will have to be organised for interstate buyers (Darwin/Adelaide buyers might get it there cheaper by train).

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sam

ps. Above photo makes roof paint look worse than it actually is.