[NSW] FTO GPX 1997 (facelift) - quick sale bargain

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nicholas
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

[NSW] FTO GPX 1997 (facelift) - quick sale bargain

Post by nicholas »

Hi guys and girls,

Well, after 3 years with my current beast and 5 years FTO ownership in total, I've decided to move on from the japanese scene and go for a more laid-back Euro. I've already picked up an Audi A4 1.8tQ so anyone who wants to try and convince me otherwise... thanks, but too late :P

The car up for sale today is a white 1997 manual GPX with 137,xxx (genuine) kilometres on it. It has been in the club for at least 6 years with two owners - one of the former forum moderators, and then myself having bought it off him in November 2008. Since that time it has been nothing but reliable and good to me... but now it's time for something different.

You can see the previous sale thread here, as I've not changed many modifications since then:
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... 80dabb67c7

However I must say unfortunately, the car is HAIL DAMAGED. This is because it was sitting in my driveway not comprehensively insured while I was still selling my previous FTO and it got stormed on in the huge storm at the end of 2008. I have replaced the boot and bonnet, however there are some significant dents in the roof. They are cosmetical only and TBH I would prefer these dents to the rust that was in the roof of my last car LOL. This car definitely has NO RUST :) I think this car is more suited to someone who is looking for a RELIABLE FTO but isn't as much interested in the cosmetics for this reason... but I am realistic and have priced the car LOW accordingly.

Okay so parts / modifications listing:
- Original Xenon headlights (factory option, they're so much better than the standard FTO headlights, love them)
- Extractors and ralliart exhaust (I like it because it's quiet at low speed, but when you put your foot down it sounds AMAZING. If you wanna hear it let me know, I have a video from the only time I tracked the car haha)
- Boxed pod filter (not full CAI unfortunately, but being boxed less likely to attract defect. Incidentally, I've never been pulled over in this car either, even for 'random' breath tests!)
- Bilstein coil-overs. These give the car an incredible ride... it's simply perfect for the track but given I've only taken my car to the track ONCE in three years and on Sydney roads it is very FIRM... well let's just say that was one of the big reasons why I went for an A4 haha. The suspension is somewhat adjustable but the FIRMness is not, otherwise I would've done that already haha.
- Cusco strut braces front and back
- Pioneer head-unit with USB hard drive (20gb) which is wicked for having lots of music / never having to change CD
- Type R spoiler
- Wicked immobiliser / alarm. I checked it out when I bought the car and it's a very high quality one. It also has AUTOMATIC WINDOW LIFT which is good for my car, bad for every other car I drive as I tend to just wander off leaving the windows down now haha. I also have THREE sets of keys including immobiliser dongle to go with the car :)
- facelift version and yes it does have the standard fog lights which are quite rare I understand, PLUS the foglight switch still works haha. Aircon also works perfectly, and doesn't have that annoying clicking sound when changing to re-cycled air like some FTOs do (my old one did).
- Enkei 16" white wheels - light-weight and look great on the car. They've got some gutter rash. The tyres are Toyo Proxes T1R... I'm seriously impressed with these tyres, had them put on about 10,000 km ago and they're great in the dry, UNREAL in the wet. I'm gonna put a set on the audi haha.

For those wondering what the performance mods equate to - well I had it dyno'd and it put out 109.1 fwkw so it's certainly still in good nic (and feels it when you put your foot down too!). I will include the dyno print-out and some other photos in the following post.

Okay so I would like this car to stay in the club and I don't want anyone to have a bad experience so I will be upfront and honest about what's wrong with the car too:
1. Hail damaged, as previously stated. Affects roof and C pillars, while boot and bonnet have been replaced.
2. Baffle in exhaust is a bit rattley when the car is moving laterally - i.e. going over speed bumps in car parks. It doesn't NEED to be fixed, but if you're someone who hates sounds in cars then just beware of it.
3. suspension is very firm. This is fantastic for the track, but again just be ready for it

So, now we get down to the brass tacks. This is a realiable car that has a history in the club and is well looked after. It will be reliable and enjoyable for whoever picks it up.

It comes up for registration in april at which point it will need to be pink slipped, registered and CTP paid for. As I am already doing this for the new car, I don't want to pay for this. I am looking for a quick sale as a result! If the car is sold (as in cash or cheque in my hand) before Monday 11th April, I will be happy with A LOWER OFFER. However if the car is sold after Monday 11th April, I will be looking for A HIGHER OFFER as you will get 12 months free registration and CTP in the price.

OFFERS START at $6,500 but as I am looking for a quick sale, feel free to make ANY OFFER... just please don't be offended if I decline if it is too low. Except for the hail damage, this is a magnificent car with some very expensive mods, so it will be a real bargain to whoever picks it up.

P.S. as some of you know, I put in a nice sound system at the beginning of last year. This is not included in the sale price. If you would like to include the slim-line sub and amplifier in the sale please let me know - I will be looking for a higher offer though. Link to some pics from the install here: http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... 80dabb67c7.

So guys, let me know if anyone is interested. I haven't put it up on carsales yet but I will do within a few days.

Cheers!

P.S. finally please no tyre-kickers as I don't have time. Test drives will be offered once I have 10% deposit as cash in my hand - if you don't like the car after driving it then I will happily give you back your deposit no questions asked.
Last edited by nicholas on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Asshole.
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Re: [NSW] FTO GPX 1997 (facelift) - quick sale bargain

Post by nicholas »

Okay guys now for some photos. This is the car late last year with the replaced bonnet and boot:

If you're wondering about the carbon fibre bonnet - I sold that in the first year as I was worried it was a defect magnet.

Okay and this was taken the fateful day of the hail storm. I'd come home early from a drive day... if only I stayed longer lol. That is my first FTO in the pic too (black one).

Also if you want to see the interior have a look at the previous sale thread as the interior hasn't been changed since then.

I can't find the dyno picture... I have the original print-out which I can show if you come check out the car. I'll also upload the dyno video and track video if I can find them!

Cheers!
Resident Asshole.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Best of luck with the sale Nick.

This car is in very good condition in the time Nick has had it and when kid_dynamite had it. :D
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Thanks Steve. How is your sale going?

Guys - I've dropped to $6,500 now. Do you think this is a fair price for the car?
Resident Asshole.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

may have a friend (who is also in this club) who is interested
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Thanks Schumie. Let me know - I'm picking my new car up this coming weekend so very motivated to sell the current one!
Resident Asshole.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

when was it serviced last?

has it had the usual belts etc replaced?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Do you mean major service? Have receipts to show timing belt, timing adjusted, water pump etc all done at major service (done just before 100,000 kms)? Since then its just been regularly serviced and things replaced as needed.

Edit: sorry and last service done last year. It will need another one along with pink slip before it gets registered in mid-April. Keen to sell before rego is due because I don't want to pay for two cars - price has been discounted to take account for this also.

Cheers!
Resident Asshole.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

shame to see you let it go but G/L with the sale mate
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Guys, very happy to say 1. I soldnthe car tonight and 2. The new owner is gonna stay part of the club :)

Congrats to zac, hope you enjoy it mate!

Cheers guys, I'll be sticking around here too !
Resident Asshole.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

awesome news buddy!

i wasnt sure what was going on when i spoke to him yesterday when he said his mum wanted to see it...

but glad to hear....

he'll be riding down in it on saturday with the boys
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

haha yeah I think his mum just wanted to make sure I wasn't being shady or anything. Kept asking me questions and then staring intently at me for the answer.

hope the bonfire is awesome... looks like it might be a little wet though
Resident Asshole.