My new installed tein lower springs

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nazGPX
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My new installed tein lower springs

Post by nazGPX »

hi all, just want to share my thoughts on the tein lower springs with you guys.. anyone here using it? looking from camskill spring kits among the three apex, eibach and tein, tein lowers the least by -49mm front and -45mm so i've decided the get it from tein, but i'm a bit unsatisfied with the rear as it looks like standard :( please feel free to comment n critics are welcome :) btw i'm using kyb excel-G shockies

Before

After

evoman
Grease Monkey

Re: My new installed tein lower springs

Post by evoman »

Yeah, that was the same reason I sold mine.

I also had the KYB Excel G-Shocks and the Tein S-Techs, and even though they were a perfectly good combination, the stance at the rear really pissed me off in the end.
I think the numbers they quote for lowering at the rear are completely wrong.

They do settle a bit after a few weeks though.
nazGPX
Apprentice

Post by nazGPX »

nice to see some feedback.. how about the other like apex n eibach same problem also? do you think cutting the rear about 1 coil is a good idea?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

It's hard to tell the before and after shots as they're 2 different angles, but I reckon it looks pretty good in the after shot. Personally I wouldn't want the rear any lower than that relative to the height of the front. I think a slight rake looks much better than the 'drag your arse on the ground' look you see so common these days :lol:
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

nazGPX wrote:nice to see some feedback.. how about the other like apex n eibach same problem also? do you think cutting the rear about 1 coil is a good idea?
You would need to ask the UK guys about how the apex and eibach springs sit in comparison to the Tein's as they are more commonly used over there.

Over here, most people use King springs. Some I have I have seen sit really nicely, others look a bit too high to me.
Personally I wouldn't cut springs, but I guess its up to you.
Shane001 wrote:Personally I wouldn't want the rear any lower than that relative to the height of the front. I think a slight rake looks much better than the 'drag your arse on the ground' look you see so common these days :lol:
Really? :lol: What if it pulls teh chickz?
Fair enough, but I hate the lower front higher back look. The annoying thing with the body lines of the FTO is that you pretty much need to be tucking guard at the rear for it to look like it's sitting perfectly flat.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

evoman wrote: Really? :lol: What if it pulls teh chickz?
Meh, I'm married :cry:
evoman wrote: Fair enough, but I hate the lower front higher back look. The annoying thing with the body lines of the FTO is that you pretty much need to be tucking guard at the rear for it to look like it's sitting perfectly flat.
But you're missing the whole point of the FTO styling, it looks like it's going flat out standing still. And give it the slight rake as per the after shot above and it looks like a performance sports car. Drop the back and it just looks like a hoon car, imho ;) :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Looks fine, looks level. Just need some hetik 18s in there to fill up the gaurds.
nazGPX
Apprentice

Post by nazGPX »

yeah.. but at the front guards can fit 2.5 fingers while at the rear is 3.5 fingers.. i guess maybe its still new.. hopefully it will set back a bit after few weeks.. thanks for the opinion n comments :D been looking around the forum for the offsets that fits.. i'm still confused about it :?
Last edited by nazGPX on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Love the stance... Looks hot..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

rock_it wrote:Love the stance... Looks hot..
2nd that :twisted: .
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

thats is low enough mate....in fact that height at the front will have trouble over some city driving.

used to have Elippsir springs and changed to King springs (lowered) with excelG shocks. It sits alittle higher at the front but im glad it did. Saves me from a lot of scapes.
Mikey D
Apprentice

Post by Mikey D »

Don't forget your springs will settle as well it will take a while but it will go lower over time. It wont be dramatic but you will see a difference
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Ours sits way lower, has since we bought the car, and sometimes it's a pain.
That height looks fine, not too 4x4, just right.

I can see what you mean by the rears, however perhaps they are simply a stiffer coil, the amount of rings is greater...