Hi From Burleigh

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

acemate
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi From Burleigh

Post by acemate »

Hi From the Gold Coast,

Ive just got myself a 1996 model GPX,great car had to get some work done to get it roadworthy but was just from wear and tear.
Im not into body kits and major mods just got the usual intake and exhaust mods,I think the factory look with after market wheels appeals to me the most.
Was a head ache deciding what wheels to get looked at chrome but didnt think they suited the japanese look,I eventually settled on a set of used super advans 17x8s with dunlop Formula Fm901 tyres 215/40/17Z.
I will keep them silver for now but am looking at getting the spokes painted black as my cars white.
Ive heard some dont like advans and at first the 3 spoke seemed a bit odd looking but after fitting i couldnt be happier they seem to go well with the car.
My only problem is the centre coins are held in with circlips that the wheel owner didnt have,Ive been to various tyre places,bob janes,etc and even to bunnings searching for these things.
If any members know were I can get some,or have other ideas how to keep these coins in place can you drop me a line Id most appreciate it.
Im very happy with the car even though its done 193,000 ks it still goes well,I just want to get the seats retrimed and that should do it,My dimmer doesnt work i put blue leds in the speedo cluster but both out side edges wont light up and i cant brighten it,maybe a job for auto electrician.
Look forward to getting to know people Im 44 so im not really into full on club stuff would like to use more for a sourse of information and advise from fellow members,Is their a car gallery on the site?
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Re: Hi From Burleigh

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

WTTC mate! and good to know another qld fto owner =)
there is a photo gallery of all members rides but im not sure howto get
on it xD

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

welcome :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Sweep
Grease Monkey

Post by Sweep »

Welcome mate,
I work in Burleigh heads so I will keep a eye out for you, and dont worry were not all 18 on here ;)
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

Chiinkstarrh wrote:WTTC mate! and good to know another qld fto owner =)
there is a photo gallery of all members rides but im not sure howto get
on it xD

f**k sick ride there man. am from brisbane and just joined. I am just installing my veilside front and side skirts. cant wait for the makeover lol
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"