FTO Bonnet

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: FTO Bonnet

Post by Bennoz »

Their selection is actually pretty good now... but they they do sell a lot of chromies to hektik lebos & their VLs.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/

Can't beat them on price either for a full set of 4 brand new rims & tyres. I bought mine there.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

They also sell knock off rims...

So china versions of the real deal .. I know of someone that went there and bought cheap wheels "on specail" ... Think they were Volk's... Tempe had said they were real, and were a distributor ... Only to find they were fakes...

and no, it wasn't the Vork wheels either...

There is a great Tyre place down near you ... I can't think of the name of it ... It is huge ...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

There's a place called Danics I think. It's in albain park. Next to frankies auto electronics. Was going to buy some chrome wheels from there but they looked sketchy.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

I've always wanted the look of SSR Professors in silver! I might pick up copies one day...
Let me know if you remember the name Craig!
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

FTOATH wrote:There's a place called Danics I think. It's in albain park. Next to frankies auto electronics. Was going to buy some chrome wheels from there but they looked sketchy.
That is the place... It is huge... I heard good things about them ...
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

^ I'll check it out!
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Well they did give me stickers. I always ask for stickers. Iv got heaps lol. There got a clean workshop. The ones I was going to buy were chromies. There really un professional looking. But that's all ppl buy in nowra lol. Go check out Frankies to. If you like something in there let me know and I'll get it cheaper.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

FTOATH wrote:Well they did give me stickers. I always ask for stickers. Iv got heaps lol. There got a clean workshop. The ones I was going to buy were chromies. There really un professional looking. But that's all ppl buy in nowra lol. Go check out Frankies to. If you like something in there let me know and I'll get it cheaper.
Yeah, only been to Frankies once... Usually don't travel down that far... Also had mates use Oak Flats to have stereo and alarm work done... They did a pretty good job..
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Yeah oak flats electronics are ok. Frankies can't sell alpine and other brands that oak flats sell. I got a viper alarm system in mine. And can start the car without keys. It's wicked but illegal. if I start my car without key and car is in first well bie bie car. Frankies are amazing installers. Go to nowra frankies. Heaps bigger.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, am all the way up near Sutherland ... So bit far for me to go... I usually end up installing all my gear with mates...
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Its a good road trip. I stay at waterfall every now and then with a mates mate lol. I usually go to central and go to pub called the mandarin club. I bet on pretend horses and drink flat beer haha. Ill let you know when a shownshine is on at frankies.This year i won best install :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

FTOATH wrote:Its a good road trip. I stay at waterfall every now and then with a mates mate lol. I usually go to central and go to pub called the mandarin club. I bet on pretend horses and drink flat beer haha. Ill let you know when a shownshine is on at frankies.This year i won best install :D
I know the Mandarin club ... Heheheh ...

Yeah, let us know when the next show and shine is on ... I gotta start to think about what I am putting in the Evo ... Have made the door trims up to fit my Boston Pro Acoustics 6.5" mids at the moment.. So they will go in front and rear.. Just gotta get a new pair... lol...

I still have 2x12" Alpine Type R's, and 3 old school rockford fosgate amps ... Punch 100 ix2, Punch 400 gold series, and a Punch 800.1 These were all in my Sonata that a friend and I built ...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/407397/19 ... ata/page-2

Nothing too flashy, but did the job ... I more tend to go for the sleeper look ... And squeezed all the speakers into factory spots .. As the car was a daily, and frequently parked at shopping centres..
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

You got the right gear. There was heaps of spl cars at frankies. Im into sound quality. Unfortunately its expensive. My main concern is power. I gotta now put duel batteries in her and capacitors. Sounds like your going for spl and sql. Plus speakers weigh your car down heaps.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

FTOATH wrote:You got the right gear. There was heaps of spl cars at frankies. Im into sound quality. Unfortunately its expensive. My main concern is power. I gotta now put duel batteries in her and capacitors. Sounds like your going for spl and sql. Plus speakers weigh your car down heaps.
Yeah, had a Schneider 1 farad capacitor running it all as well ... But really could have used a higher altenator.. Wasn't at the stage where I needed two batteries though .. Think the better altenator would have been enough to keep it going.. It was as heavy as all hell though .. Which is something I haven't wanted to do to the Evo .. Kind of defeats the purpose..

So was thinking of maybe just leaving the Boston's front and rear, and putting in just the one sub .. So, maybe just use the punch 800 and the punch 400 to power it all ... Should be nice clean sound
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Sounds more appropriate. Should sound nice.

My fto is basically a tank. But my motto is: You may be faster than me but ill blow your f@cken ear drums. Not a fan of speed. Although i would love to turbo the fto. You got serious gear. Would love to hear your system. What kinda music you into?
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Oops Wrong pic.

bass_twitch
Oldtimer

FTO Bonnet

Post by bass_twitch »

FTOATH wrote:Oops Wrong pic.

Holy crap. You are definitely coming to the next meet! I gotta hear this thing!
And I volunteer you to supply the music for the next bonfire :)
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

For sure. I'm fishing ATM and catching nothing haha.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Maybe you're a sh*t fisherman

:lol: Jus Kidding!! :P
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

FTOATH wrote:Sounds more appropriate. Should sound nice.

My fto is basically a tank. But my motto is: You may be faster than me but ill blow your f@cken ear drums. Not a fan of speed. Although i would love to turbo the fto. You got serious gear. Would love to hear your system. What kinda music you into?
Pretty much RnB ... I want to start to put it all in the Evo, but alas, I get no time... And just started a new job.. So can't take time off to work on it..

In the FTO, it is a bit more simplistic.. I have the Headunit that was in the Sonata...
Cerwin Vega V-Max 65's splits
Cerwin Vega HED 69's in the shelf
Cerwin Vega V-Max 12.2

Cerwin Vega XL 300.1 powers the sub, and I think a Soundstream powers the front & Rear ...