Removing CV joint

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

payaya
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Removing CV joint

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:Well I changed my other cv and it came off with a couple taps. Obviously the other joint was stuffed in a way I could get it off!!
Cage must have been bent or something..
Think it was the splines on the shaft were chipped in a way the joint could not slide off
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:Well I changed my other cv and it came off with a couple taps. Obviously the other joint was stuffed in a way I could get it off!!
Think it was the splines on the shaft were chipped in a way the joint could not slide off
But yet you got a new CV on??
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
I've still not got mine off! The skin on my fingers broke down so much I couldn't hold a spanner but hopefully they are good enough for me to get it done this weekend!
Life is short - Have an affair
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
I had to file the splines smooth