UAS & CAI

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JohanGPX
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

UAS & CAI

Post by JohanGPX »

Hey guys, i don't know all that much about different intake pipes & cold air intake, i'm just wondering whether replacing each would actually make a substantial difference. I know that the colder air, the more oxygen, but in such a little engine - I can't imagine more than 5kW increase, if that. Currently I'm running a 4" Drift POD filter with stock intake pipe, as for exhaust i've got extractors (unsure of the brand as they came with it) & a HKS super dragger exhaust - any mods I should do (intake related) that are actually worth the cash?

Cheers.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Re: UAS & CAI

Post by Gholdwayne »

Sounds like you already have a full exhaust system there... That's good!
For the intake system, it would be good to get a better intake pipe.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
JohanGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by JohanGPX »

Alright, anything in particular you want to recommend? - and any ideas of what kind of gains i'll actually notice? I'm running it on the dyno next week for the first time, so i'll see what it's doing atm - i'm hoping for around 110-115kw atw.

:cheers:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

JohanGPX wrote:Alright, anything in particular you want to recommend? - and any ideas of what kind of gains i'll actually notice? I'm running it on the dyno next week for the first time, so i'll see what it's doing atm - i'm hoping for around 110-115kw atw.

:cheers:
I'd say about 100-110kw atw
Taz wrote:When funds allow
JohanGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by JohanGPX »

I thought a completely stock fto sat on about 100kw atw, & i thought extractors and upgraded exhaust would be 10kw increase at least - maybe not :?

Did you ever run yours on the dyno Stef?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Depends on the air temp on the day, your tyre pressure, the fuel you're running etc etc etc.

Most common figures for a 15 year old bog stock manual mivec FTO is about 90-95killer wasps.
JohanGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by JohanGPX »

Oh wow, never thought they'd be that sluggish, it feels like it's still got a fair bit left but i guess only time will tell!