Fuel and Ignition cut

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fuel and Ignition cut

Post by spetz »

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can cut fuel and ignition?

The reason I want to do this is I have not started the engine in about 3-4 years and my plan is to drain the oil, fill it up, and then crank the engine without turning it on until the oil pressure light goes off.

Also, can someone give me advice on another concern. The engine has not been started in 3-4 years, and the car will not be used for another year or more. Should I just leave it, or should I change the oil and start it a couple of times and then let it rest until I can use it again?

Thanks
payaya
Oldtimer

Re: Fuel and Ignition cut

Post by payaya »

Just leave it. The oil pressure light won't turn off until the engine starts anyway. there will be oil pressure at start up.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

To my knowledge if you crank an engine it will build enough pressure for the light to go off?

The engine is un-tuned and I was thinking of getting it tuned as I have been curious for the past few years as to what power it will/can make
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

spetz wrote:Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can cut fuel and ignition?

The reason I want to do this is I have not started the engine in about 3-4 years and my plan is to drain the oil, fill it up, and then crank the engine without turning it on until the oil pressure light goes off.

Also, can someone give me advice on another concern. The engine has not been started in 3-4 years, and the car will not be used for another year or more. Should I just leave it, or should I change the oil and start it a couple of times and then let it rest until I can use it again?

Thanks

yip leave it, just dissconnect fuel pump, that will prevent it from turning over ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Is there a danger in leaving the engine for so many years, never being turned on?
All the parts in it are new as it had a rebuild, then driven for about 1,000km (run in) and then left to sit.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

spetz wrote:Is there a danger in leaving the engine for so many years, never being turned on?
All the parts in it are new as it had a rebuild, then driven for about 1,000km (run in) and then left to sit.

not really aslong as no objects have found there way inside like nuts/bolts etc
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI