Time For a face lift

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Cassar2610
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Time For a face lift

Post by Cassar2610 »

Hey all,

My Beast and I have come a long way, but I feel it is now time for a bit of a makeover/face lift. My 95’ GPX is pretty much all still stock and I feel it is about time I dressed it up a little. My only problem is (other than from trying to decide where to start), my technical know-how is absolutely Zero!

Love a body kit, HID’s, revamped cock-pit and the like, but I tend to break things rather than fix ‘em.

I would greatly appreciate getting together and chatting with some of you enthusiasts to benefit from your advice and experience. More than happy to hear anyone’s input and two cents, and hey, if you want to get your hands dirty as well that is fine by me :)

I am in the Melbourne area. My silver Beast has been with me for almost six years now, other than a HKS exhaust and Rally Art Suspension it is pretty standard!
Cheers
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: Time For a face lift

Post by dstocks »

Well, the bonfire is a little while away (April 8), but that will give you more inspiration than any other meet due to the number of cars. It tends to be a personal thing though, so although lots of people may have opinions, in the end, youll be the one that needs to choose as you are the on that has to be happy with it.

For a starting point, here is mine....

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=24228

Have a look through the other member rides sections as well. That may help
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Cassar2610
    Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Cheers, i will have to start going through other members rides for ideas.
    Nice interior and love the air intake you got. I was thinking of a POD filter for my self, but want to talk to the guys @ RevZone and see what they say. Apparently they have played with a few FTO's in the past.

Anyone know the name of/or where to get a bonnet like the one that is on this website's banner? it looks awesome and would love a body kit like it as well.

I got allot of ideas already, plenty of time and finally the cash, now I just need to buy some stuff and do some of it (or pay others to do it for me :( )
    aza013
    NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

The bonnet is from the UK, bad news is they won't send then over to us :( .
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

DMD in Brisbane used to do the front bar. but not any more, so unless you can source a 2nd hand one, that ones off the table. The closest youll get is the one on mine.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Cassar2610
      Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Nice, though i think the body kit will have to wait for a while. Yousr looks awsome by the way!

Was checking out FTOworks.com, not bad stuff in there. Not sure to go for Chrome dial rings with CF surrounds, or just Stainless surrounds. Has anyone got plasma dials in Kph? the ones they sell look like they are in mph. Or can I get away with changing the lights behind the dials to blue? I also want to change the a/c and clock lights to blue as well. do i need a kit for it or just some blue bulbs? (told you don't know much).

It looks like I just missed out on some awsome group buys for clear repeatrs as well. And so far i am not too sure about the HID options, are fog lights inclued in the kits... lots of questions!

What else can I do like that? i like some interior mods I have seen, do you guys paint the plastic yourselves or get things custom made.. I have a feeling I am going to sink allot of money into this toy, and probably break a few things at the same time as well.
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

The CF coating on mine was done here:

http://people.hsc.edu/faculty-staff/ede ... age_11.htm
        Kustom
        Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

dstocks wrote:The CF coating on mine was done here:

http://people.hsc.edu/faculty-staff/ede ... age_11.htm

Wrong link dwanye :P I tihnk he means dashboardcentre.com.au
        Taz wrote:When funds allow
        Cassar2610
        Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

HAHAHA :lol:
        i just learnt allot about the life cycleof some of the oceans more diverse organsims
        Cassar2610
        Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Seriously, this sort of place (dashboardcentre.com.au) is just the kind of thing I was after! Asthetics can make a huge difference, espescially now since the beast sits humbly next to Sasha, the new Suzuki Kizahsi in the Garage.

Anyone know of other places like this? and is their a thread on this sort of stuff (can't fnd one).

CompleteFTO is a great site for DIY stuff and a great resource. Is there somewhere that has links to store like FTOworks that sell stuff for FTO's and custom joints like this dashboard mob?

And thanks dstocks for all your help (and aza013, and Kustom)
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Sorry about the wrong link :oops: . Was finding some stuff for the other half at the same time and didnt check the link after I pasted it.
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Hmmm, Looks like some time in the past my beast sported allot of strange electrical devices in it. i have a switch on my dash that leads to know where, i always knew about that but easily forgot about it, mybe it has something to do with the arena horn that I can see through my grill that is not connected (yet). I also remember finding some sort of light in the engine bay not connect up, just had a long wire on it that wasn't attached to anything. I also have a funny box near my Battery that I have no idea what it is for and does not exist in other peoples pics of their car's engine bays. i will try to get a pic up and hopefully get some ideas to this mystery machine.

Also my Fav, is a little device on my dash that projects a digital reading of my speedo onto the windscreen in the bottom right corner, very cool (pitty its green), though it has got a transparent sticker where it has to project too.

Anyway, i am just rambling on my night shift at 2am. I am getting excited about this project, and after intensive reading on this forum acant wait to get started. So much so I am dreaming of FTO's...

Now, who can hook me up with a Bozz body kit..?
          rock_it
          Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Cassar2610 wrote:Hmmm, Looks like some time in the past my beast sported allot of strange electrical devices in it. i have a switch on my dash that leads to know where, i always knew about that but easily forgot about it, mybe it has something to do with the arena horn that I can see through my grill that is not connected (yet). I also remember finding some sort of light in the engine bay not connect up, just had a long wire on it that wasn't attached to anything. I also have a funny box near my Battery that I have no idea what it is for and does not exist in other peoples pics of their car's engine bays. i will try to get a pic up and hopefully get some ideas to this mystery machine.

Also my Fav, is a little device on my dash that projects a digital reading of my speedo onto the windscreen in the bottom right corner, very cool (pitty its green), though it has got a transparent sticker where it has to project too.

Anyway, i am just rambling on my night shift at 2am. I am getting excited about this project, and after intensive reading on this forum acant wait to get started. So much so I am dreaming of FTO's...

Now, who can hook me up with a Bozz body kit..?
          The good old HUD.. Head up display..

I have one if those too... :) Just gotta instal it.. Lol..
          I just had to add it ......
          sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
          I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
          Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
          :utbnb:
          Supplanter
          Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Take the sticker off, I have had a HUD for years and never used the sticker.
          LED ALL the things.
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Hmm, The sticker doesn't bother me having put up with it for six years now so a little longer wont hurt, at least until I am happy with the rest of the car. Found out the unknown box is for the arena horn that is not connected. Going to have an auto electrician look at the beast tomorrow and see what he can tell me about it (And install a relay for my fog light switch). Here are some pics i took while waiting for my fog lights to dry out as I had to drill a hole in one to let the moisture out and borrow the wife's hair dryer.
          You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

My standard dash
          You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Alright, my toys are starting to trickle in from the UK (Thanks FTO WORKS). Got my Dial rings and Clear side repeaters. I will wait for my Dials to get in before I put them in, but one side repeater made it on before I had to go to work. hopefully the weather will improve long enough so i can wash the dirty beast and get some shots taken!

moderators, can you please put this thread in Members Rides.
          Bennoz
          National President

Post by Bennoz »

Done ;)
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

:thumright:
          Cassar2610
          Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Ok Update!

All of my toys have now arrived, included my new dials! doing to try and install today (this weekend) along with LED installation. All i have is a screw driver set and a hammer. I am hoping not to have to use the hammer so here I go.

*Special thanks to dstocks awesome site http://www.completefto.com.au