Time For a face lift

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Time For a face lift

Post by shadowarrior »

If it's moving but it's not supposed to, duct tape that. And if it's not moving but it's supposed to, WD40 that. Secret art of most mechanics :mrgreen:

p.s: good luck with your mods :) Waiting for the pictures.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Thought you might like a look at this if you like interiour mods they do fto http://www.mimousa.com/product/Real-Car ... fault.aspx
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

OK, Have finally decided what I am planning and have found some inspiration. Not really worried about the performance anymore, more into the aesthetics. I have attached my inspiration pic.
The other thing I would really like to get sorted is the exhaust noise; would be great to really muffle that. Any ideas regarding approximate cost for a paint job like this? I am hoping I have enough left to buy my wife a new diamond ring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:(
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Cassar2610 wrote: I am hoping I have enough left to buy my wife a new diamond ring.
:lol: Love the priorities :lol:

Better hope she never reads this forum :lol:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Cassar2610 wrote:OK, Have finally decided what I am planning and have found some inspiration. Not really worried about the performance anymore, more into the aesthetics. I have attached my inspiration pic.
The other thing I would really like to get sorted is the exhaust noise; would be great to really muffle that. Any ideas regarding approximate cost for a paint job like this? I am hoping I have enough left to buy my wife a new diamond ring.
Exhaust noise? What muffler have you got on it? I've got a standard muffler if you wanna do swapsies?
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

OK, That last post was obviously posted by my wife, who now has just volunteered herself to come along to the club meet in early December. There is nothing wrong with the exhaust noise, it just happens to be louder than your standard car. I must say, i do like the way scissor doors look but would not go for pink. Other than that all is going well. Hopefully polish my headlights tomorrow as well.

Pics to come when I am done.
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Sahin wrote:Thought you might like a look at this if you like interiour mods they do fto http://www.mimousa.com/product/Real-Car ... fault.aspx
Couldn't figure out exactly what they are offering. Dash trim kit to me could mean allot of things. But I am pretty happy with leaving it all in the standard black. It just needs a little bit of TLC and maybe a new stereo surround
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Well have an immaculate GPX Muffler here waiting if you change your mind, shiney polished twin tips and nice and quiet :)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

It's this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/598a9-USA-ma ... 23136fa4f8 can get it in any colour or carbon fibre colours too i think
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Those stickers peel off and you can see the joins. Much better to get the dash parts coated.

http://www.dashboardcentre.com.au/produ ... cts_id=218

Dstocks had his bits dipped in a carbon fibre :lol:
LED ALL the things.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Or better yet, get some real twill sheet CF and wrap the parts yourself ;)
Looks and feels like real CF because it is :lol: Just cant see the panels behind them
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Ok this weekends work is done! I think I prefer the black interior so I doubt I am going to change much when it comes to that. Here are some pics to show the fruits of my sore back.
Also, the first pic is something I found under the steering wheel while searching for a dropped LED. If anyone can shed some light onto its ourpose it would be most appreciated. I am sure it has no function any longer, must have been used in its passed life but it is still wired up.

I also Polished the lights today, looks Hell of allot better. I can put pics up when the weather is better and I wash the dirty girl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Those dials are sexy. Good job,Would be good to try to get the light distributed evenly though. Hopefully the sun won't be to annoying reflecting off them.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Yeah, Light distribution is a bit of an annoyance. A possible solution would be to spray the internal part of the unit silver to help reflect the light more evenly. Light reflection on th dials is not a problem. Slightly harder to see the climate control dials in the sun but that has always been a problem for me and I just deal with it. Unfortunately in the process of installing the dials, I had to remove the needles on all the dials and now my temp gauge goes straight to HOT as soon as I turn it on and my speedo reads slightly lower. That also means that my fuel gauge could now be off. My Rev counter seems to still be working the same but it is hard to tell at the moment as I haven’t had too many drives on it yet. I I’ll have to try and fix my gauges again that I am not looking forward to.

Also in the process of removing the dials, the wire for my alarm warning light (little flashing red light when alarm is armed) broke behind the light and now I cannot find the wire to reconnect it. I barely pulled the display a centimetre when it broke :(

One step forward, two steps back.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Cassar2610 wrote:One step forward, two steps back.
Out of ze frying pan - into ze fire!
lmao im sure youll get it back in there like a champ ;)
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!