Battery Selection

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

aza013
NSW Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Battery Selection

Post by aza013 »

silverGPX wrote:Dude who honestly gives a sh*t, leave the battery where it is be done with it. Are you doing touge runs everyday?

Pft, are you guys bored or something.

Do you make sure your glovebox and center console is completely empty as well? nothing in the car?

Do you drive naked?
Yes from me for all apart from the naked bit :lol: the only thing in the glovebox is my laptop for the car :D .
The boot is always empty not even a space saver in there, just the battery and a 1L oil just in case it's needed.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Well people spend 1K for a carbon hood which will save less weight than a lightweight battery at a fraction of the cost.

Also, because my car is a 6A12 converted Lancer I was hoping to try and bring the weight and weight bias to the original pre conversion figures.
At the moment it is at 60kg heavier which includes:
Bigger brakes all round, solid swaybars, bigger battery, Recaro seats, strut braces all round, oh and the V6...
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

aza013 wrote:
silverGPX wrote:Dude who honestly gives a sh*t, leave the battery where it is be done with it. Are you doing touge runs everyday?

Do you make sure your glovebox and center console is completely empty as well? nothing in the car?

Do you drive naked?
Yes from me for all apart from the naked bit :lol: the only thing in the glovebox is my laptop for the car :D .
The boot is always empty not even a space saver in there, just the battery and a 1L oil just in case it's needed.
Oh aza i dunno mate, might have to get rid of that laptop, maybe you can plug it into a smartphone?

Might shave a few seconds off you never know!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

here you go spetz good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

To be honest the main objective was better handling not better acceleration for me.
As mentioned my car is a Lancer and I would just like to bring the weight and bias to or as near as stock as possible.
And removing 20kg from the front end seems like a good place to start, as the V6 is heavy especially considering it's cast iron.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

silverGPX wrote:
aza013 wrote:

Do you drive naked?
Oh aza i dunno mate, might have to get rid of that laptop, maybe you can plug it into a smartphone?

:lol: I can drop out a sh*t that will weigh in heavier than the laptop :lol: .
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

aza013 wrote:
silverGPX wrote:
aza013 wrote:

Do you drive naked?

:lol: I can drop out a sh*t that will weigh in heavier than the laptop :lol: .
Make sure you purge as well! :lol:

Do you have a hair on your head or facial hair? :lol:
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

N A K E D !

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

phunkydude wrote:N A K E D !

wheres the video for this? :lol:

Do you drive naked?
And I swear you QLDers must go to Troll school... :lol:
Simon, Stef and now you.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol:
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Battery Selection

Post by bass_twitch »

Why is our car scene not like that? :lol: or am i just going to the wrong events??
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

spetz wrote:Well people spend 1K for a carbon hood which will save less weight than a lightweight battery at a fraction of the cost.

Also, because my car is a 6A12 converted Lancer I was hoping to try and bring the weight and weight bias to the original pre conversion figures.
At the moment it is at 60kg heavier which includes:
Bigger brakes all round, solid swaybars, bigger battery, Recaro seats, strut braces all round, oh and the V6...
Bigger brakes are a killer..top gear put bigger (massive) brakes on their test car and it went like 5 sec a lap slower out of a 1 minute lap..without doin anything else to it.

Does that mean having an erection while driving puts ya blood down closer to the ground and give you a better weight distribution? :P
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Bennoz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:Im gonna go to a track and drive around it and time myself, then go back and do it again in a mankini.

Ill give you guys the times.
Whatever you do, DON'T post pictures.
LOL that made my night
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

SG, when I said bigger brakes that was in contrast to the standard Lancer ones, currently the car just has FTO brakes on it
Kustom
Oldtimer

Battery Selection

Post by Kustom »

Hey I only troll a little :lol:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kustom wrote:Hey I only troll a little :lol:
Nope that's your penis size. Your trolling is even more pathetic.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Stef trolled?