BF Goodrich G Force sport

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

BF Goodrich G Force sport

Post by Rob Furniss »

I've just put 2 x BF Goodrich G Force sports on the front today for $161 each (205/50/R16), seem like a good tyre and a good price, anyone else have/had them?
Oh and had my alignment done - it was massively out, the guy pointed out that the top of the wheel was angled in loads as soon as he saw the car, it was good for centering the wheel though.
They didn't have the alignment figures so were scratching their heads for a while so I got them from ftooc on my Android - hope they didn't change between pre facelift and facelift.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Re: BF Goodrich G Force sport

Post by zuihoujueding »

What is the thread wear of these? Good thing about having stock 16" wheels is the tyre comes cheap!
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I currently have these on, had them for about 8 months now and theyre only just starting to squeal, but just needs a rotation, still a fair belt of tread on them.
On one occasion (the other night actually after a sh*tty night) i tried to see how far i could put the car sideways (as ive never pushed my car around the corners much) and they just dont wanna let go of the road - PLENTY of grip, cant fault them as of yet - if i dont change rims when the tyres are due i will most likely get a second set - good choice :thumright:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

I haven't done many k's so can't comment on wear but I like the grip and the look.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Rob Furniss wrote:I haven't done many k's so can't comment on wear but I like the grip and the look.
There's a thread wear number on the sidewall. For example, my kumho ku36 are 180.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

pretty durable...
Should last up to 2years under normal driving conditions
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

zuihoujueding wrote:
Rob Furniss wrote:I haven't done many k's so can't comment on wear but I like the grip and the look.
There's a thread wear number on the sidewall. For example, my kumho ku36 are 180.
Sorry mate my bad, thought you meant what were they wearing like :oops:
Yeah just checked and they say 340
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Rob Furniss wrote:I've just put 2 x BF Goodrich G Force sports on the front today for $161 each (205/50/R16), seem like a good tyre and a good price, anyone else have/had them?
Oh and had my alignment done - it was massively out, the guy pointed out that the top of the wheel was angled in loads as soon as he saw the car, it was good for centering the wheel though.
They didn't have the alignment figures so were scratching their heads for a while so I got them from ftooc on my Android - hope they didn't change between pre facelift and facelift.
If your front wheel is cambered more than original specs your suspension is bent. Front wheel camber is not adjustable.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

payaya wrote:
Rob Furniss wrote:I've just put 2 x BF Goodrich G Force sports on the front today for $161 each (205/50/R16), seem like a good tyre and a good price, anyone else have/had them?
If your front wheel is cambered more than original specs your suspension is bent. Front wheel camber is not adjustable.
Well I don't know what he did as it's no longer angled in and no longer self centres like it used to, I didn't check but maybe it has camber bolts fitted like the ones you can get from camskill, i'm no suspension expert though (well not really an expert at anything to be honest!)