Seat Belt

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chop_sticks
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Seat Belt

Post by chop_sticks »

I was wondering, does the GR model have a seat belt warning light?? Just wondering becuase mine doesn't light up.
dAsh
Apprentice

Post by dAsh »

Yes it would, I'd say that when your seatbelts were changed for compliance, they either didn't supply the correct buckle with the wire attachment, or it's the incorrect attachment, or they didn't hook it up.
Check by pushing the drivers seat as far forward as possible, then tilt it forward and you should be able to check the connections.
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

All FTO's have the seatbelt warning light.

Have a look on the floor under the drivers seat, you will probably notice a wire and plug that are just sitting there not connected to anything. This is the wiring for the seat belt warning light.

I'm pretty sure that seatbelts are always replaced during compliancing, I don't know if they change just the "strap" part or the lock thingy (technical term -lol) as well. If they have replaced everything it may not be able to be connected to the warning light anymore and this may account for the fact that all the FTOs I have seen have had this disconnected.

I think I would find it annoying anyway, therefore I haven't bothered trying to look how to hook it up.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i wear my seatbelts religiously whenever i'm in the car so i don't need any indicators to remind me to wear a seat belt... :lol::wink: