TRIPTONIC OR MANUAL ?? im new

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: TRIPTONIC OR MANUAL ?? im new

Post by zuihoujueding »

most people thought having a manual car will makes it goes harder and faster. PROVIDED the driver know how to shift quickly and when to shift. Otherwise, auto will always be faster and easy to live with.

In my opinion in general, cars with small engine capacity is better off with manual as auto can rob off much power from the little engine. and with AC turned on, its hopeless.

with commowhores and falcons, turning AC on or having manual/auto makes very little differences in power at all.
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

mosti wrote:ou always hear of people doing "manual" conversions. Why do you think that is? :roll:

haha :)
Coz they've blown their autobox/tc after constantly thrashing it by redlining the engine/downshift to redline.

You don't hear people blown their manual box because it can withstand a lot of sh*ts given to it.
Well, bennoz is a different story. :cheeky:
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

Manual does have the upper hand over tiptronic when it comes to performance.
Uphill driving is a good test.
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

zuihoujueding wrote:go for the tip if majority of your drive is on a 60km/h route.

Perfect for Adelaide then! :D
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

man just before i got my fto i hated driving manual (im on my L's and when id go look at cars id drive my dads manual car) but man i got a manual fto thought i wouldnt be that happy but with manual but i was so wrong now i love manual, get a manual you wont regret it!
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

The auto is just trouble. I've been through two of them and just like all all Mitsubishi transmission in the 90's suck. Go a manual.
95gpx

Post by 95gpx »

phunkydude wrote:
mosti wrote:ou always hear of people doing "manual" conversions. Why do you think that is? :roll:

haha :)
Coz they've blown their autobox/tc after constantly thrashing it by redlining the engine/downshift to redline.

You don't hear people blown their manual box because it can withstand a lot of sh*ts given to it.
Well, bennoz is a different story. :cheeky:
were did you get your front bumper from, how much will it cost and will it fit a 95 gpx
FTO all the way
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

You wont find one as the company that ade them here in Australia dont make them anymore. Yhe closest youll get is the ts factory front bar (pictures in the link below)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19176&start=80
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you