Sold: 92 Nissan NX Coupe.

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sold: 92 Nissan NX Coupe.

Post by Astron_Boy »

This will be going on eBay next week, but currently have what I want to post in my head.

Posting interest here, I highly doubt anyone here wants this, but you never know...

SR20 motor (2L) Reasonable condition 213050kms, all seems solid. When warming up 1750-2300rpm seems a little down on power, goes away once up to temp
5 Speed manual box, however 5th gear does occasionally pop out, it has only ever popped out on me once since owning it, but previous owner did post up about this issue, as I have. Never drove it above 80, just in case (city car) Been told easy fix, some sort of clip or something???
Body..... it's there, but by no means perfect, dents or scratches on every panel; or both. no rust from what I can tell, atleast nothing major, the odd tiny bit here and there as you would expect, but nothing coming through the paint anywhere.
Targa roof does not leak, I spent quite some time ensuring this as it drove me insane the first time it rained and I was in it... HOWEVER, there is a tiny bit of water getting in where the door rubber near the mirror (triangle) meets the A pillar, unsure what the go is exactly there, have inspected, but never solved it. Does not leak enough, or all the time for me to worry about.
Car comes with spares such as 2nd boot rear liner cover, spare wind deflectors, spare interior door latches (originals were broken, so modified so the car cannot be easily broken in to.) Nissan badged key blank, rear mud flaps, headlight protector covers

Good things:
Reliable, never skips a beat
New brake pads all round, replaced when I bought the car, however one of the rears squeals when hot (warped disc, sticky caliper?)
New spark plugs
New rotor cap
New dizzy button arm
New fuel filter
Oil changed back in April (will check how many k's I've put on the car) I would suggest an oil change)
New clutch cable, replaced when I bought the car, very smooth.
comfy, fun to drive with roof off, windows down (will miss that about the car)
New 6" splits in the front doors with wiring, however stock head-unit will be installed, will include mp3 head-unit should you wish, else install one of your own.
K&N Filter
Original service manuals with full ownership history. (I am the 4th owner) explains why car has current plates.
Has never been a repairable write off, however has been involved in a bingle or two. Evident from current damage still present and obvious previous damage from a not so great repairer.
Central locking installed (not keyless however)
New water pump
New accessory belts.

Bad things:
as mentioned above about rear brake squeal
body in rough state, but not falling apart
1750-2300 hesitation when warming up
spare tyre needs puncture repair kit
Shocks need replacing, however it drives well all things considered
A/C does not work... it has a removable roof for a reason
Not the smoothest thing to drive, but nimble.
Rear window wiper does not work.
slight tear in fabric where b pillar is, (see photo)
Fuel gauge is a little weird, will not go to F when the tank is full, and I have never taken it below 'E' to test the low fuel warning light, my guess is the arm is bent so not displaying properly...
Gauge cluster plastic has wear mark on it, simply looks un-cleaned, though I have tried many a time. Pulsar plastic covers will fit and is a reasonably easy fix if it bothers you.
Small chip in windscreen plus 2 scratches from previous bad wiper blades (reasonably easy fix)
Centre console has been repaired, MacGyver style.

Will list more as I think of it.

Cheap run about, parts car (wouldn't recommend fixing it up unless you REALLY want to) great for a first car, P plate legal.
Registered till March 5.

$1000.00 firm.
Inspections welcomed (recommended)

I am being as honest as I can be, it is a cheap car for what you get, and a great car at that too.

pics soon.
Last edited by Astron_Boy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 15 times in total.
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Re: FS: 92 Nissan NX Coupe

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

I owned an NX before i bought the FTO.... they're not a bad car... good luck with the sale
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Cheers.
Yeah, they're a fun little car.
Bought it for cheap, fixed it up a bit, and it's been a great temp car.
Will miss it.
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

I will ask alanah, seeing about getting her ps soon, would be a good car for her.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thousand dollar car & Lawso's all over it like a fat kid on a smartie :lol:
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

Seems legit.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Ummmmmmmmm, as much as I'd like this off my hands, i'd rather not sell it to a friend.

I can vouche it is a 'decent' car, but I can put up with a bit.
The car does have issues.

If you're 100% dude, come round and take it for a spin one day, I'll do you a sweeter deal.

The engines are a prick to work on, and ultimately you could buy an old corrola that will be better for a little extra money...

I'm not selling myself short, just being honest.

EDIT with temporary pics.
I haven't washed or vacuumed the car yet, which I always do before selling a car, so forgive, these are mainly for you Lawso so Al can see.

EDIT 2: the strut brace is coming out, that's my friends who lent it to me, and the headunit is still my bluetooth one, hence the hole in the second half of the console. Also window wiper blades will be changed to 'standard design ones' the blades are from the FTO.

EDIT 3: that trim piece in the back seat is from the A pillar, it's not broken, simply removed, was taken off when I was doing the targa sealing and simply didnt put things back on in order. Will put it back before I sell also.
Attachments
IMG_1295.JPG
IMG_1295.JPG (263.96 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG (189.78 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1297.JPG
(187.06 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG (205.88 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG (143.97 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG (133.61 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1301.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG (227.73 KiB) Viewed 506 times
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG (189.02 KiB) Viewed 506 times
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I would not feel bad about selling it to any one. As you have given a good run down about the car, pics are shown of problems. So who ever takes it knows what they are getting.
It's not like you are saying there is nothing wrong with the car :? .
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

No, admittedly not.
But selling a car with problems to someone you don't know, and selling it to someone you do does have a different outcome.

For example, I can curse the previous owner for all it's faults prior, but I talked him down half the price, whether he knew of the faults was a different story.

If I knew the guy, and he gave it to me for that price, I'd say he sold me a lemon as it had so many dramas. regardless of my knowing of them from going right over the car before I purchased.

Ultimately if it's a friend that buys the car, then they had better go right over it to find what they are buying.
If a random eBay buyer takes it without sight, then he can only go off what I've told him.
Reading and viewing are way different.

EDIT: Just looked at ODO, actual mileage was lower than that guessed.
Currently 213050.
When I purchased the car it had 211611.

I also kept every receipt for fuel and just did a calculation.
I have travelled 1439km since owning it, and spent $494.28 on petrol. :lol: Which in total was 349.9 Liters of petrol. all city driving. (though possibly the odd receipt is missing...?)

also have all receipts for everything I bought for the car, brake pads, oil filters (except k&n) belts, the works.
CHR15
Grease Monkey

Post by CHR15 »

never throught i'd see one of these on this site if u lived closer i would take it of your hands. i spent 20g's on one 5 years ago and loved every minute of it. i'm looking for another one but closer to home. good luck with the sale
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Cheers Chr15

Yeah, they are a fun car, pity the previous owner didn't take better care of it, but I bought it for a bargain, and the new owner gets a bargain with a slightly better condition engine and other nigglies fixed. :lol:
Kuran
Grease Monkey

Re: FS: 92 Nissan NX Coupe.

Post by Kuran »

At least She's fuel efficient!

4.1Km per litre of fuel :?
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Just worked that out... 24.32 L/100km

Thats right isn't it? or did i f**k up?... thats worse than my rx 8O
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

8O No, i just got the same figure... :lol:
We've got to be doing something wrong
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Kuran is alive?
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Nah, as said, most likely the odd receipt missing, I tend to put the receipts in my centre console, but I do sometimes find them in my pocket, and thereby end up in the bin or washing machine :lol:
Was more a fun fact for how much a car costs in fuel alone on 6 months ownership.
If the car was running THAT badly it would be very very obvious.

I'd say the cars doing roughly 11-12L/ 100, which still isn't 100% right, it does need a fix up. I don't think the factory exhaust is helping it any in that department, coupled with other things. By far been one of the cheapest car I've owned, and that's of a collection well over 20 or so through the years.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Re: Sold: 92 Nissan NX Coupe.

Post by Astron_Boy »

Sold.
New owner was nice enough to let me take it for one last spin, which I made it a spirited one.
Will miss it in a small way.