Spherical Links Vs Standard Droplinks

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Spherical Links Vs Standard Droplinks

Post by spetz »

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the standard droplinks have any "give"?
I see in some swaybar setups that the links connect via bushes and hence have a cushioning effect, but I was wondering if the links on the MIVEC FTO's have this give?

My problem is the ride of my car is on the stiff side and I believe it is due to the swaybars. I have whiteline front and rear (20mm F, 22mm R) on the whiteline spherical links and was thinking of what my options are to soften the ride.
This is on Tein SS coilovers which felt comfortable on the standard swaybars (Lancer F, FTO R), however when the whiteline swaybars went in every single bush was also changed to the blue (superpro?) ones
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: Spherical Links Vs Standard Droplinks

Post by Shane001 »

I think your problem is more likely the sway bars themselves rather than the bushes.

If the ride is too stiff go back to stock sway bars. The race car still runs stock bars front and rear 8O
spetz
Oldtimer

Re: Spherical Links Vs Standard Droplinks

Post by spetz »

The rear whiteline bar is 3 way adjustable, and I was thinking of putting that on the softest setting and using a standard FTO front swaybar, or alternatively also changing the rear swaybar to whitelines softer version.