Adding extra courtesy lights

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GeeGee
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Adding extra courtesy lights

Post by GeeGee »

I have already got Blue LED's around the foot area on both sides of the car, but they are currently wired into the fuse box with a red on/off switch screwed onto the underside of driver dash. How do i splice the LED into the power from the courtesy light?

I Assume the open door sensor is down near the door, then there is the 3 wires running up the column up to the rear view mirror. I'm guessing 1 is a ground, 1 is always live so lights can be activated by switch at any time. And the 3rd goes live when the open door sensor is activated? Anyone know which of the 3 is the open door live wire i can splice into? I'd rather not trial and error start cutting wires. : / Also, is there an easier place down near the pedals to splice into rather than running a wire back from the rear view mirror.

I finally got round to scraping out the glue/rust today so i thought id make a few interior mods while i have all the panels off. Think i might fiberglass some speakers over the backseats too some point down the track. For some reason i think the look of it being a 2 seater is more appealing o.O
RomaFTO1989
Apprentice

Re: Adding extra courtesy lights

Post by RomaFTO1989 »

Use a test lamp/multimeter to test which is active (with the doors closed ((learn from me)) ) the use an inline crimp terminal then you wont have to cut them. then run both your constant active or your switching active to the light, with an inline switch on the constant active. !!if left turned on will flatten battery!!.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50pcs-Scotch ... 43ab95acf7
Scotch lock = inline crimp...

Wiring =