New to Forum & FTO's :)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sophiiee
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New to Forum & FTO's :)

Post by Sophiiee »

heyy everyone!
Sophie here just signed up and thought i'd introduce myself :)
21 and living back in sydney after a few years overseas feels good to be back in oz !!!
Currently on my L's but in the market for an FTO as my first car when i get my P's can't wait :-D
im thinking about maybe importing one because theres not many fto's around in white in auto that hasnt done under 100k so if any one has any info. about how to go about imorting one your help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks heaps in advance and i hope this was the right section to post this in :oops:
sorry mods if it wasnt.
gpx000
Mechanic

Re: New to Forum & FTO's :)

Post by gpx000 »

hoooow about a black auto one? it was a former members car, always serviced just had major service done, double din with gps, great sound system, had it on my p's never had a problem, wasnt a toy car so ddnt thrash the engine, gets me from A to B without any issues. but its done 140k's.

let me know if youre interested ;)
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

oh and welcome lol
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

WTTC. I am sure you will find something in Oz. There are always FTO's coming on for sale here and white is a very popular colour
Sophiiee

Post by Sophiiee »

gpx000 - lol thanks for the warm welcome :D thanks for the offer! soooo tempted to buy one already what year and model is it btw? whats your price and can you put a pic of it up.

cassar2610 - Thanks! glad i joined everyone on here has been so helpful :) yeaa i dont mind waiting for the right one its just a
matter of time i guess and when the time comes i don't think i can let it out of my sight :lol: :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC :D
In the way of info do you need specific info on the car, or just things to look out for bad and good?
In the way of importing Dstocks our VP will be able answer 99% of your questions, he has gone that way a number of times.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Welcome to the club.

Be patient. The right one will turn up. What price range are you looking at?
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Sophiiee

Post by Sophiiee »

aza013 - Thanks for the welcome :) aw just wanted any info about estimate pricing costs if i was to import one. As for info on the
    good and bad i have a fair idea thanks to all the info i got from the forums :D :thumright: going out to everyone
    on here for providing great info.

dstocks - Thanks for the welcome :) yeaa i dont mind waiting for the right one. well my parents gave me from $5000 - $10000
    to work with belated 21st :) no rush anyways lol i still have to get my P's
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

5-10 is a very good price range for a decent FTO, you are probably looking at a 97+ model in really good nic for around 8-10 depending on whats been done to it - just make sure you thoroughly check the car over before parting with the cash, no matter who it comes from :lol:
    WTTC, good to see some young blood in the club over all of these senile old grumpies lmoa :lol:
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
    Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

Yeah you'll probably find a really nice auto for around that price range. manuals are harder to find :(
    Sophiiee

Post by Sophiiee »

Taz - yeaa 97 + model for me or no FTO apparently parents said :lol: yea i plan to take my 3 most car crazy guy friends when the time comes :D can never have enough people to check the car out for me since i have no clue and they know all about that stuff :oops: aw thanks for the welcome haha havent met any senile old grumpies yet haha fingers crossed :)

Sahin - Really? manuals are the ones i keep finding :(
    Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

Oh really? all i find is auto's
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I can't understand why they made a car as aggressive as the FTO in auto (look wise, as well as engine wise)
    Manual or bust for me in 99% of cars, ESPECIALLY in a car like this.
    I picked up my car for a bargain for what it is, 98 model GPR and have not had a single problem with it, whether its me or not i seem to notice most problems are in the earlier >96 models, whether or not this is due to the manufacturer year or not i have no idea, but maybe they got their sh*t together after 97 who knows.
    I would suggest getting it professionally inspected for the small amount of moolah it would cost you, and at the very least get it up on a hoist, can never be too careful inspecting a car.
    there is a thread here somewhere about what to look when going for an FTO which would be what you want to read, contains all the big issues that are commonly found in some models, as well as some good tips.
    I guess if you can convince them, a better option would be to convince aza/ben/dwayne with a few slabs to come out themselves and have a look, they know more about FTO's between them than the rest of this club combined :lol:
    GL with the hunt and i hope to god you arent as unlucky as Matt and get a lemon, let alone 2 :evil:
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
    phi-tec
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

take your 3 most crazy car friends to look at the car, if u like it, take your friends home then bring your 3 most crazy intimidating friends to go buy it :)
    You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
    Sophiiee

Post by Sophiiee »

taz - :lol: so people like me that cant drive manual can drive this beast of a machine :) Hope to have as much luck
    as you did getting one of these in good condition. yeaa i think thats one of the reason why the rents want
    me to get one from 97 up. ill make sure to get it professionally inspected before i buy anything.
    :lol: i should be ok if not ill be sure to ask them. Thanks and i hope to god too! poor guy 2 lemons i'd
    be so :evil: :evil: Thanks Taz for all this info helps me a lot :D

phi-tec - :lol: love how you think. bring my friends to look at the car and just probably gonna bring my bro in law
    along after getting one inspected when the time comes to buy one hes a big loud lebo :thumleft:
    that will help :D . I can just imagine if i had to do all that by myself they're probably thinking 1. shes asian
    2. She probably doesnt know much about cars ( :lol: which is sooo true) and i'll end up having to pay more
    then i need to :( so just to play safe ill make sure to bring someone along :D
    NO1DEVIL
    Grease Monkey

Post by NO1DEVIL »

WTTC and welcome back to australia :).

Im still looking for an fto. Waiting for the $$ to come in. Your so lucky 5-10k on your 21st . I gotta wait for my 21st and im not even sure ill get money xD..

What websites are you looking at? All i find are autos. Have look at Edward Lee's

http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/el ... MITSUBISHI

Bit Pricey but KM all under 100k

http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/el ... hp?id=1239 - nice black one there 1999 model

http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/el ... hp?id=1289 - White One there. also 99 too
    Sophiiee

Post by Sophiiee »

aw thanks glad to be back :) oh a fellow future fto owner in the market good luck in your searches im sure you'll find one sooner or later :D
    funny you mention that came across them during the weekend. might have a look at them when i get the time
    just weighing my options heard good and bad reviews about them.
    i go on so many sites these are the ones i currently have open :lol:

- http://www.carsales.com.au
    - http://australia.trovit.com/cars/mitsubishi-fto
    - http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotiv ... FTO/Browse
    - http://cars.yakaz.com.au/mitsubishi-fto-for-sale
    - http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/res ... &keywords=

Hope they'll be useful for you Happy hunting :)
    Cassar2610
    Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

I think I am about to OD on emoticons

:spew:
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

It's never bad to express one's emotions. ;)
    Cassar2610
    Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

:thumleft: