Mitsubishi 380

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Mitsubishi 380

Post by SchumieFan »

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:I'm still yet to read about any issues with the 380, I am planning on keeping it for at least 5 years so I'm not to concerned on resale price. They're decent when it comes to fuel consumption and they are supposedly reasonably cheap to work on/ service and buy parts for. As for parts becoming hard to find due to Mitsubishi Australia shutting down, I don't think that will happen because legally they are still obligated to supply parts. Still trying to decide if I like the looks of the 380 though, from some of the rear angles they look pretty tough, but from the front they are pretty boring. And I hate the VRX tail lights, but love the interior :P So many conflicting factors :pale:

yeah i dont mind the look of them, but yeah, those VRX lights look shocking... the plastic is horrible!

if you're keen go for it, but they are a few years old now so expect typical aging problems to develop
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

SchumieFan wrote:
BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:I'm still yet to read about any issues with the 380, I am planning on keeping it for at least 5 years so I'm not to concerned on resale price. They're decent when it comes to fuel consumption and they are supposedly reasonably cheap to work on/ service and buy parts for. As for parts becoming hard to find due to Mitsubishi Australia shutting down, I don't think that will happen because legally they are still obligated to supply parts. Still trying to decide if I like the looks of the 380 though, from some of the rear angles they look pretty tough, but from the front they are pretty boring. And I hate the VRX tail lights, but love the interior :P So many conflicting factors :pale:

yeah i dont mind the look of them, but yeah, those VRX lights look shocking... the plastic is horrible!

if you're keen go for it, but they are a few years old now so expect typical aging problems to develop
lol don't no what they were smoking when they designed those lights. read you got a new lancer, I can't see the pics cause I'm at work, but I was looking at getting a VRX lancer. How much did it set you back?
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

its an 09 with 38000ks, sticker price was $21K

its EPIC
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

Can see it as your dp now... looks hot!
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

So long as you're happy in the end, but just make sure you get a good one.

Check Magnaclub as they have threads there on the faults, not overly common, but no car is indestructable.

So long as you get that feeling of wanting to drive it at every moment possible, then you know it's a good pick.

I have that with the Merc, and I havent really felt that since I had to take my wagon off the road :cry:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I hate to be a payaya but I would choose a Falcon over a 380.
LED ALL the things.
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

Supplanter wrote:I hate to be a payaya but I would choose a Falcon over a 380.
Nah, the falcon definately isn'y for me... my brother had a falcon, crashed it and the airbags didn't go off. Not a fan of the interior layout or the cheap plastics they use neither.
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

Think maybe I was to quick to rule out the falcon... read a few reviews and they seem to be a good all around car. Plus I think the FG G6 looks better and out performs the 380
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Haha good man!

Seriously the 380 cops all of the same problems as the FTO and reliability is no better and parts are expensive. If you want a runabout there is no better than a Commodore or Falcon.

Go on the Magna forums and look through the help section, it's like you are on the FTO help section.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:
Think maybe I was to quick to rule out the falcon... read a few reviews and they seem to be a good all around car. Plus I think the FG G6 looks better and out performs the 380
The FG is a much better car than the 380, the 380 is at least a generation behind. Bigger car, handles better, faster, RWD, 6 speed auto, and uses less fuel!!
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

payaya wrote:
Haha good man!

Seriously the 380 cops all of the same problems as the FTO and reliability is no better and parts are expensive. If you want a runabout there is no better than a Commodore or Falcon.

Go on the Magna forums and look through the help section, it's like you are on the FTO help section.
dont forget them camrys!!
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

phi-tec wrote:
payaya wrote:
Haha good man!

I'll go a camry over a 380. Both boring as, and at least the 380 wont break down all the time.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Can't remember what I bought now, all I know is it's one smooth ride. :mrgreen:
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

phi-tec wrote:
payaya wrote:
Haha good man!

sportivo aurion sx6 is quick, my brother has one an it ran a 14.7 standard on the quater mile... I like the camry altise, look hot if u drop them, put some nice mags on em and a dark tint... Looking at a sencond hand G6 or XR6
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:
phi-tec wrote:
payaya wrote:
Haha good man!

sportivo aurion sx6 is quick, my brother has one an it ran a 14.7 standard on the quater mile... I like the camry altise, look hot if you drop them, put some nice mags on em and a dark tint... Looking at a sencond hand G6 or XR6
Go drive a aurion then back it up with a fg falcon or ve commodore. The Aussies kill the aurion in driving pleasure and the only good thing about the aurion is the engine. The Aussies also run sub 15 quarters now.