Hi guys! i'm new

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JasonYap
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi guys! i'm new

Post by JasonYap »

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and had bought my FTO, yea probably people knew which car i bought. The red Vielside on E-bay recently. just got the car today and garaged it.

I'm leaving in Box Hill and need all the fellows FTOs member in Victoria help me in many ways :D

At first i back down from 4K offer and in the end 3.5K we deal.

model 1996 GR Auto 4 speed ( But there is 5th gear on the dash? dash changed? transmission changed? not sure :? )

ODO 148,800

The BAD:
1) Car has rust on roof 2 lines where the glue was, it don't look like it's serious as just like very small pimples but who know? I gonna send it to PL panels to get a quote, not much panel shop do rust job, if you know any panel shop is able to do a good job and reasonable, it's worth a shot i go get a quote.

2) Roof needs repaint, drivers door might need so too or maybe just a good polish will do, Both side mirror will need it too.

3) i Need to get a RWC and i had no idea how many parts i need to fixed before getting it. Any good, honest and reasonable RWC tester to recommend? i prefer SE suburbs as the car had no Rego and plates, i had to pay 20bucks a day to get a permit to drive to the work shop

4) foggy headlights and fog lamp. ( does panel shop do sanding for me? 8O )

5) cracked RHS tail lamp, and both reverse lamp had abit of water vapour in it. (do i need to changed both of them?)

6) the car engine might have tappets problem as it first start was a bit of noise but after driving for 6min or so it's gone.

7) CD player not working ( Gonna change it anyway)

The Good
1)Car interior was really clean other then the perfume smells from previous owner

2) all electrical function was running well none of the was faulty.

3) car does not puke of any white or black smoke, engine bay was clean and no rust.

4) transmission shift very well too, no lag or choke.

5) 100K service was done and i checked transmission oil and engine oil was fine, no rust in the radiator as well

6) car dash didn't appear any faulty signs of engine, transmission etc...

Yep that's all for now folks! I will try to up load some photo when i have the time.

I hope to get some advice from fellow's FTOs

my budget was 5.5K, and now i left on 2K to get things done ( Rego, insurance were not included)

The car will not get rego anytime soon or RWC as i planned to get it register after JAN ( too Busy) :cry:

I will come up on the list on things i need soon and look for it in this forum.

I know many people said it is a bad deal because it's GR and 4 sped auto. Well all i want is comfort and sporty, i driven many street monster and eventually now i prefer comfort.

This weekend i gonna get a permit for the day and drive around Box Hill area look for panel beater for quotes any suggestion i will be glad to go and have a look. I just hope that i won't get rip such as " you car is very serious, i can fix it for 4K. (TBS to me)

And will go to Aldo workshop Box Hill as well to ask for a simple inspect on my car and hope the list of stuff needed will not drop my jaw. Any suggestion ?

Thank you guys for reading i will update my post regarding on my ride and hope you guys help me out :)

Cheers guys.
Jason
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Re: Hi guys! i'm new

Post by BearOnFire »

WTTC!

Most panel beaters can fix the roof cheaper if you do the rust removal/ protecting yourself.
DIY and WTB section :)
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

WTTC dude
GL with the car, hope its not a lemon and it all goes smoothly for you

To save you a lot of time trolling the forums - whatever you need from ANY fto part, cheap liqueur and hookers, or a *~delightful!~* midget couple ready to obey your every wish for $20 an hour Dwayne (Dstocks) is your man. Im sure he will be providing most of your needed parts to you as he has to the rest of us for the last 500 years :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Welcome to the club :)

And if you have a 4 speed auto with 5 speed dash it means it has been swapped
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Taz wrote:WTTC dude

To save you a lot of time trolling the forums - whatever you need from ANY fto part, cheap liqueur and hookers, or a *~delightful!~* midget couple ready to obey your every wish for $20 an hour Dwayne (Dstocks) is your man. Im sure he will be providing most of your needed parts to you as he has to the rest of us for the last 500 years :lol:
and for coke bennoz can suffice
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
JasonYap
Apprentice

Post by JasonYap »

thanks guys,

I had call up a lot of work shop and found some, the weekend the car will be going to be inspect and roof rust is the 1st to fixed 1st.

I don't really care the transmission had beed changed, i just gonna get the car RWC and rego it 1st. save up some money and MIVTEC will be kicking in and back to 5 speed tip tronic.

I look at it before i go to uni, **** the body kit is so aggressive as in ferrari red :P

cheers for now :)
Jason
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

phi-tec wrote:
Taz wrote:WTTC dude

and for coke bennoz can suffice
You really think that Ben is going to part with some of his precious coke? He had to work the streets for that sh*t himself!
NO1DEVIL
Grease Monkey

Post by NO1DEVIL »

WTTC

hahaha did you see this on the fourm before you saw it on ebay? i was considering but wanted a gpvr or gpx
JasonYap
Apprentice

Post by JasonYap »

it was on e-bay for sometimes as highest bidder never come to pay. well after my crazy biding with a eSniper user, on the following day 4 more fto came up on e-bay. :roll: so yea, maybe a good time to take a look. personally don't buy gr, i reckon GPX will be way better.

just took it around my street for a quick run, no number plate will be quite risky to drive it too far :P

boy oh boy, rev it up to 3k rpm for a quick sprint shift at 7k rpm. man this little monster still runs and shift well !

tackle coners like cutting a warm butter, the faster it goes, the better it takes coner :lol:
Jason
JasonYap
Apprentice

Post by JasonYap »

car had sent for rust repair and repaint, just get laid off from work, i have no idea how can i fixed up the car to be ready on the road. seriously need advice from fellows FTO members :( .

Sell it or keep it? :(

what i did to the car till now
1) striped the car dash and rewired everything ( $500)
2) roof rust repaired and repaint ($700)

i just spend 1.3K on it man

such a heartache,

moderator bennzo haven't repiled me to aprove me put on my sales ad :( .

sell or keep? need advice :(
Jason
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

It all depends on what your budget is like dude, while they are pretty cheap to run compared to stuff out there, it isnt the best for no funds.
The market for a re-sell isnt the best for these cars and you would definitely lose money so im more inclined to say keep it IF you can afford to - but hey theres no point in keeping this kind of car if you cant so yea.
Would love to see ya keep it but if its just not viable, im sure eventually you will find another one down the road when you can afford it
Hope that helps :?
JasonYap
Apprentice

Post by JasonYap »

thanks taz for your support, yea, i love that car or else i won't straight away spend money fixing it.

i will not want to let it go at all (thanks to some employer that gave me a year end bonus by telling me the company facing financial crisis and stuff and off i go.)

will get a RWC pre inspection test to assest the cost of fixing it up.

No leaks so far as i lay down papers for 2 days and there is no leaks at all.

LHS rare wheels sound like crap, bearings, suspension or maybe coilover has something to do with it ( it sound like the wheel is about to pop out)

anyone know how to fix windshield scratch? other then sanding it? (as FTOs are imports and it's not possible to change the windscreen, or it's way too expensive)

cheers for the help.
Jason