Proud Owner of an Fto!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

koolio1234
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Proud Owner of an Fto!

Post by koolio1234 »

Welcome :)

Looks like a good buy for $6k. Nice and clean.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

EscapingFate wrote:WTTC, As mentioned bennoz is a name to know... also if you come to a meet up.. dont let him get behind you... it could be scary.. for you.

But in all seriousness welcome to the club FTO's are a magnificent car and you will love driving it. You should come to the meet/cruise/photo day we are organizing for the 7th or 8th of Jan, going down to i believe Kiama for a cruise as i get my license back haha.

Feel free to come along all the details will be posted up in the NSW section of the forums under the EOI meet thread
Haha hes a *~delightful!~* boy is he? Or likes to show power the jail way?

Yeah man i love it, not that sad i dont drive manual because i am LOVING the tip tronic so f**king fun i get to 100 so quickly and red lining it and changing gears is fun. Petrol is burning hard but its the fun that counts, im happy to pay $70 - 80 a tank to drive around like a hoon haha. Just a question how many Km's are you guys getting on a tank? And another does anyone have any Street glows (aka neons) on their cars? I can imagine a nice blue or green one under my black FTO would look amazing, yeah i know its illegal but it would be for presentation / showoff purposes and for local streets only ( no cops here hehe ;).

Also, my friend offered to give me his pod filter but after he had a look under my hood he said its not possible for me to have one. If anyone can elighten me on how they sound and if its possible / worth it to put it on or if im better off getting an exhaust kit which i would like a sporty sounding one, doesnt have to be too loud im not into the whole cannon on the car haha. Sorry for all the questions but your help will be much appreciated and who knows i may even show up to the meet depending how busy i am because i work like a bitch but it gets me money to spend on my Beauty!!! Its been a bit over a month now i think and im still loving it so much the window rattle when its fully down is the only down side but i just put it up a little bit and there is no noise. Loving the FTO i hope you all are to and have no problems keep those mivecs revvin! or if your like me just rev that 2.0 litre v6 non mivec, Still goes hard! :)

P.S how old is everyone on here? Just wondering if its a majority of young people driving these cars or older people , im 19.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

8O

<-- Not ghay, boosted :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Proud Owner of an Fto!

Post by bass_twitch »

Ftowner wrote:
EscapingFate wrote:WTTC, As mentioned bennoz is a name to know... also if you come to a meet up.. dont let him get behind you... it could be scary.. for you.

But in all seriousness welcome to the club FTO's are a magnificent car and you will love driving it. You should come to the meet/cruise/photo day we are organizing for the 7th or 8th of Jan, going down to i believe Kiama for a cruise as i get my license back haha.

Feel free to come along all the details will be posted up in the NSW section of the forums under the EOI meet thread
Haha hes a *~delightful!~* boy is he? Or likes to show power the jail way?

Yeah man i love it, not that sad i dont drive manual because i am LOVING the tip tronic so f**king fun i get to 100 so quickly and red lining it and changing gears is fun. Petrol is burning hard but its the fun that counts, im happy to pay $70 - 80 a tank to drive around like a hoon haha. Just a question how many Km's are you guys getting on a tank? And another does anyone have any Street glows (aka neons) on their cars? I can imagine a nice blue or green one under my black FTO would look amazing, yeah i know its illegal but it would be for presentation / showoff purposes and for local streets only ( no cops here hehe ;).

Also, my friend offered to give me his pod filter but after he had a look under my hood he said its not possible for me to have one. If anyone can elighten me on how they sound and if its possible / worth it to put it on or if im better off getting an exhaust kit which i would like a sporty sounding one, doesnt have to be too loud im not into the whole cannon on the car haha. Sorry for all the questions but your help will be much appreciated and who knows i may even show up to the meet depending how busy i am because i work like a bitch but it gets me money to spend on my Beauty!!! Its been a bit over a month now i think and im still loving it so much the window rattle when its fully down is the only down side but i just put it up a little bit and there is no noise. Loving the FTO i hope you all are to and have no problems keep those mivecs revvin! or if your like me just rev that 2.0 litre v6 non mivec, Still goes hard! :)

P.S how old is everyone on here? Just wondering if its a majority of young people driving these cars or older people , im 19.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like you need to spend some time reading what's actually up here.there is a lot of info, just search...
As for pod, yes it's more than possible, it is common, your friend is wrong. The sound is amazing.
Don't do neons, unless you want extra gayness points and more cop attention.
Get the exhaust, but not just the muffler.
As for the rattling window there is a DIY fix in the DIY section.

PS. Driving like a hoon/idiot is not condoned nor encouraged on this forum, so I wouldn't be going on too much about it. (spirited driving is more acceptable)
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

bass_twitch wrote:
Don't do neons, unless you want extra gayness points and more cop attention.

[/quote][/quote]

We call this... Chris hemmy points... aka Renz points...

ROFL i joke!
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

But a nice white neon would make it look like its in a showroom or green since it suits my area and its to do with some joke group thing with my mates. Its just for fun though i wont do it around cops and busy areas. So how is the pod possible then? Because if it really does sound nice then ill get it off my mate, since hes throwing it away. Im barely on the internet let alone the computer so not much time to browse around the site. Window rattle isnt too annoying though so its okay. Haha Isn't "Spirited Driving" just an excuse or another word for Hooning? hahaha but yeah its all in good fun i dont encourage it but as the phrase goes "If you dont get caught, its not illegal". Im sure most of you have illegal mods on your car anyways to make it look / sound better so its all good anyway! :)
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Ftowner wrote:But a nice white neon would make it look like its in a showroom or green since it suits my area and its to do with some joke group thing with my mates. Its just for fun though i wont do it around cops and busy areas. So how is the pod possible then? Because if it really does sound nice then ill get it off my mate, since hes throwing it away. Im barely on the internet let alone the computer so not much time to browse around the site. Window rattle isnt too annoying though so its okay. Haha Isn't "Spirited Driving" just an excuse or another word for Hooning? hahaha but yeah its all in good fun i dont encourage it but as the phrase goes "If you dont get caught, its not illegal". Im sure most of you have illegal mods on your car anyways to make it look / sound better so its all good anyway! :)
search button.
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

Ftowner wrote:Ive only taken 1 picture to show my friends. Was taken with an iphone as well so its nothing special.
OMG. Im completely jealous dude!!
I'm in Sydney also but cannot seem to find a decent FTO in the price range you got yours for. Its such a hassle :(
Its either an FTO or nothing!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Welcome to the club :)

I like!! Looks preeeetty 8)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

Hey man i just recently got my fto so when i get my p's lets go hooning!
Your 19 & im 20 so same age group!
Daniel2019 is also a good guy to know (go hooning with :P)
Hes in our age group also :)
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

iPilot wrote:Hey man i just recently got my fto so when i get my p's lets go hooning!
:facepalm:

bass_twitch wrote: PS. Driving like a hoon/idiot is not condoned nor encouraged on this forum, so I wouldn't be going on too much about it. (spirited driving is more acceptable)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

iPilot wrote:Hey man i just recently got my fto so when i get my p's lets go hooning!
It's a date, haha. Bromance
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

Haha sorry man only just seen your post now! Where abouts do you live? Im heaps keen to go for a cruise!
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

SchumieFan wrote:
:facepalm:

bass_twitch wrote: PS. Driving like a hoon/idiot is not condoned nor encouraged on this forum, so I wouldn't be going on too much about it. (spirited driving is more acceptable)
Maybe we should direct them to boost cruisin'? :lol:
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

Ftowner wrote:
Haha sorry man only just seen your post now! Where abouts do you live? Im heaps keen to go for a cruise!
Sounds good dude. I live in the western suburbs near Bankstown - I dont mind driving around to meet u somewhere though.
(after i get my p's within about 3-4weeks MAX)
ok fine fine so looks like the guys are having a sook about my terminology.
Will do some very "spirited driving" to be politically correct :tongue:
How about yourself where abouts u from?
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

kiz wrote:
It's a date, haha. Bromance
just koz you're old :P
lol joking joking, please dont eat me :silent: