please give me your opinion...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Boney
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Boney »

if it wasn't for the paint job.. i would say 18k was fair...

but what exactly is wrong with the paint job??
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

if its just the paint thats the problem... then id say its worth around 14k... you could spend a few grand getting the whole car resprayed properly..

the only other question is... why are parts of the car repainted? Accident?
if so.. maybe the chassis is bent now.. or there might be alighnment problems...

i'd say safer bet to look for another fto..
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

no... 14k is not a market value.. its my estimation of what i would pay for a FTO that old.. with accident damge and a poor paint job..

i picked up my 95 gpx with 80,000 kms with a near perfect paint job.. for just under 18k.. i would expect one with a poor paint job to be considerbly less... espically if its from a dealer.. as dealers like to have all their cars "looking great" as it attracts people in to see the car..
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

i have mine for a little under a year... and mines a auto.. not manual.. but keep searching.. im sure one will pop up soon...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Yeh, usually any inconsistent paintwork throughout the car's body is a tell-tale sign of a previous crash history... (you tend to look at it from the worst case scenario, just to be safe). Although it may only be the paint, there may be problems deep beyond the sheetmetal - such as brakes, suspension, cooling, gearbox, driveshafts etc etc...

I'd stay well clear away from it and be a little more patient!
Chrisp
Apprentice

Post by Chrisp »

yeah i saw that car at carizma too. they have dropped their price from $20k... but yeah the paint doesnt match, so i suspect a few minor accidents. just doesnt look very well looked after...
keep looking buddy, and remember paying a bit extra now might save you a lot in future!