subbies.... amps... HELP me...

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Slither
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Slither »

ANBU_fto, u mentioned in another topic that u have 6x9's in the rear, do u have spilts in the front??? If not then i would b thinkin about factorin them in as well.

if your goin to purchase an amp and sub for some decent bass u need to match it at the front with a pair of decent splits, as FTOluv has said before the splits are probably the most important speakers in your car, bass will pretty much travel through anything but treble is very position dependent

check out
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... sc&start=0
and http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=2287 for some more bedtime reading :wink:

oh and IMO u won't b needing the 6x9's after installin an amp and sub, u can leave them there for filler but if your gunna do that u'd b better off installin some good 4 ways, that way your only gettin bass from your primary souce, the sub, and not mixin it with the 6x9's
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

hi guys.... wow thanks with all the replys...
the head unit i got is from clarion, the VRX935VD and the 4 6X9's with no splits or tweeters.... and oh um... the music is ranged.... moslty rnb but theres the occasional rock for example, linkin park.

my origanl pckage i got from a guy was to get the head unit which is from clarion.... um... a clif designs sub... i cant remember the amp, but he goes its an american brand... and a pair of 6X9's with splits and tweeter things from infinity, the kappa series.... and that all came to a total of 4k, thats is including installation and a sub box...

i mean i like the system but i kindve want something that looks good too you know.... like with the sub... its nasty, its really ugly and so is the amp.... :cry:
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

mayb its just me but thats seems way overpriced!!!

first of all im not up with all the clarion decks but they are a good headunit, still remember your goin to b running an amp as well so u don't need to spend a bucketload on a headunit, they all have pretty much the same output anyway, so look for the one with the features u r lookin for!

second if your goin to b running an amp and sub, u don't need 6x9's, they are usually used to imporve bass in your system but if u've got a sub then u don't need to, c if u can get a pair of 4 way 6" speakers if u want filler but these are only extras, u don't really need them

Third make sure u get a pair of 6" splits for the front speakers, these are crucial if u want good music in your system!!

and finally if your gettin a sub in a box then u shouldn't need to pay to get it installed, trust me anyone can hook up all the components u've listed plus your gettin everything brand new anyway so its very plug and play, besides that half the fun!!

IMO u can do a lot better than that, and before u even think about buyin any brand, first of all find out what it is :wink: and then do some research on it. for $4k u should b able to get one kickass system

again just my 2 cents :wink:
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekeaka thanks...

i really like that head unit because its all like dvd, vcv, mp3, tv screen, touch screen thing... nad that itself already costs like... i thin kthe place sells it for like $3.299.oo so yea....
thanks dude

so if i get all of that... brand new... can someone here show me and help me to hook it all up.... im still very new in the car area... plus this is my first car... so yea...
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

The Clarion touch screen unit is a very good unit. Im jealous!! :P

Kev, thank u for making my point a bit more clear.

If anyone, and not just Ruchi, would like to discuss any of these ICE issues with me, I am more than happy to answer yr questions at the Dandenong Ranges BBQ meet.

As for ANBU_fto, i am apologising on behalf of myself and Ruchi that our posts has escalated to this point. Please come to the meet and I will show you what i have and give u my best recommendations for what u wish to acheive.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekekaka yea it oks, no need to say sorry, you two just got a little carried away, but hey... sall good.
and thanks for the advice... im will be waiting till the day i get to meet the fto "boys" at dandy.... and yea thanks again....

im still kinda stuck on the subbie and amp thing.... :lol:
and i think i am getting the system reall soon because in my car now i have no headunit....

cant wait to meet you all
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Just to remind you I still have those subs and the amp for sale. If u wish to arrange a time to check them out please PM me.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'll give my 2c here:

Milad is right - the design of the FTO's wedged boot is not exactly ideal for DB, more like SQ...

as far as subs go, i cannot recommend JL Audio subs highly enough - plenty of kick and sounds awesome, regardless of whether they are 10" or 12"... (or 15" if you wanna get wicked)

next on my pref would be the Kicker Solobaric (kinda ugly but sounds great) and Phoenix Gold Tantrum (because i got one :P8))... there may be others out there but i have not heard of them 'in action' before so i cannot comment...

amps can vary a great deal given the price, and i use to believe in Alpine and Pioneer gear for sheer mumbo but after discovering Cadence amps, I've been converted LoL... they give the most bang per buck in the industry lately and for a novice ICE enthusiast like me, i get plenty of satisfaction just out of my Q4000 alone... (yes i'm a tightarse :P)

Anbu, once you listen to Mil's install (FTOLuv), you will understand the meaning of LOUD (and rattles LoL)
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekek yea i hate the rattles.... is there anyway to stop it???

bugger me..... im so lost now.... you see guys, this is my situation....

i got a formal next week... on wednesday at 7pm and its in brighton.... and i really want to make an entrance... kekekaka :wink:, and i really want a good system in my car by then.... ive got the cash and all but time is very much against me... bloody hell :cry: , so yea... so thats when i really want it done by.... thank you everyone that had helped me... i really appreciate the help... i have a better understanding of the subs amps now... but still newbie... so yea i think i might still go with the package that the guy at hi fi super market offered me... but im still so confused on what to do.... should i take it??? or shouldnt i??? will i regret what i did??? bah!!!!! bloody teenage years.,.... whats wrong with us :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

gimme the money, i'll show you what to do with it... ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ANBU_fto wrote: i got a formal next week... on wednesday at 7pm and its in brighton.... and i really want to make an entrance... kekekaka :wink:
Hey i've got an idea for u ANBU_fto, since there are few of us who live around the area,(off Grange Rd :wink: ) if u paid us, we can make a grand entrance for you, just imagine 4-5 FTO drive through the drive way & then u rock up ehehehehe. You can't get more attention then that :D

Ohh & is your formal at Brighton International??
Last edited by FTO338 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

lol, give u the money....????

ok how am i suppose to do that....???
and how am i suppose to know if ya run away with the money.... lol :lol:

nah um.. im really lost, ill stick with the head unit but the sub and amps i have no idea... im scared to purchuse them.... help me mikey!!!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

LOL! :lol:

A FTO mini cruise to a formal :P

We could dress up as chauffers and charge to drive people!
MIVEC is My Friend :D
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

if u paid us, we can make a grand entrance for you, just imagine 4-5 FTO drive through the drive way & then u rock up ehehehehe. You can't get more attention then that :D

Ohh & is your formal at Brighton International??

LOL kekekaka, i thought we were all buddies...? now i have to pay? lol
kekekaka lol and yes its at brighton international..

oh hey can u help me get there? i dont know my way around there....
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

ruchi wrote:LOL! :lol:

A FTO mini cruise to a formal :P

We could dress up as chauffers and charge to drive people!
lol feel free to charge any of them people for a joy ride.... as long as they return.... :wink:
they are my school friends...
kekekaka
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ANBU_fto wrote: oh hey can u help me get there? i dont know my way around there....
Good try but i'm not going to give u a free Grand entrance :twisted:

Actually r u serious :?: :?:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

FTO338 wrote:
Good try but i'm not going to give u a free Grand entrance :twisted:

Actually r u serious :?: :?:
what do u mean? serious about what?
about the entrance....? i wouldnt mind FREE grand FTO ENTRANCE!!
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

for my rock/techno lovin i find that my pioneer 6/9's in the back and 6 inch splits (about 500 i forgett)in the front handel well when teamed with 12 inch MTW sub (good! bought it 50% for 350!!) with an alpine amp ($300) this is all pluged into my JVC MP3 cd-rw head unit ($300) and fto 10 cd stacker to create endless availible tracks to listen too (car price)

budget (coulda been worse !!) and satisfying :)
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

hey thanks for that input....

i want an amp and sub to look as good as they sound....
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

there was a huge sale on car audio a while ago

they had 12inch alpine type r subs for $250

if u want an entrance, sub and amp is enough, as the ppl on the outside wont be inside your car...

if u really have no idea what u want... its hard for us to choose for u bcoz there are HEAPS of brands out there to choose from

yeh exclusive did a formal thing aswell, they were gonna do it again and were thinking of chargin ppl, but then they thought about the liability issue.....
but yeh i think it would be good if we all rocked up together to the formal, that'll be a entrance... dont worry bout paying us, coz we're not TIGHTARSES :lol: