subbies.... amps... HELP me...

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Slither
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Slither »

ok few probs, one u said u have a week wich is now 6 days as u didnt get it installed 2day!!

If your still unsure of what to get, don't get it simply to "make an entrance" for one im sure that just rockin up in an FTO is entrance enough :twisted: but if u do get this system just to do that then IMO u'll regret it later

Second if u r gunna get it done before next wednesday, get it done pretty soon as u will have to do somethin about rattlin noises of some description outside the car, and it aint as easy as it sounds sometimes

No offense but if your gettin this deal just to impress your friends then it aint worth it, take a little more time and get somethin that will impress everyone if thats your thing :roll:
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

dude... thanks but, all this is done for me as well.. i really couldnt care less what the people there say.... i just want a really good system that i can be proud off plus i really want it done asap it because i have no head unit in my fto.... :cry:
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

thecook wrote: yeh exclusive did a formal thing aswell, they were gonna do it again and were thinking of chargin ppl, but then they thought about the liability issue.....
but yeh i think it would be good if we all rocked up together to the formal, that'll be a entrance... dont worry bout paying us, coz we're not TIGHTARSES :lol:
really? so u would help me out??? wow that would be great, but the thing is that ill be taking up a lot of your time.... and i feel bad for that... if u want to help can me orgainise an after party... kekekaka
because so far now... we can only think of beach... altona beach... but there are heaps of downsides to it, mostly because of weather
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

why would u go 2 the altona beach when the brighton beach is 2mins from the formal place?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

because brighton beach is to far for everyone there to travel home....

we all live in the western subbies.... like altona... willamstown... laverton... sunshine... footscray... and places close there...

ok ive decided on a subbie, i think im gonna go the infinity 12" one, from the kappa series...

but still not sure with the amp, and what kindve amp.. like what do i need.. like four chan amp or something
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

I'm with mikey on the amp, cadence offer great value for money, alternatively if u were still thinkin of addin another sub at a later date then a JL audio mono block would do very nicely :wink:

As for four channel amp, as long as u can bridge it to your sub then yeah thats fine, just make sure u can bridge it other wise u can only use one of the channels and it wont give u much power at all!!
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

thanks for that... ill kepp that in mind.

so it doesnt matter if i get an 2 chan amp?
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Again u'll need to get a bridgeable one

as for whats best, im not too sure, would depend upon the amp itslef, just remember not to take peak power as its output as its nothin even close to that, plus most amp outputs are based on a constant 14.5 voltage which u will probably never get, and make sure they don't quote ya the power output at 1ohm as u'll probably never run it that low, 2 or 3ohm is a better indication of its power output
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

a mini FTO cruise to the formal?? hey i'm all for it... but unfortunately my car won't be ready then...

besides, i won't have enough doof doof like Milad's setup, but what i lack in DB, i make up for it with vrooooom, pshhhhhhttt tzu tzu tzu tzu tzu !! ;)8)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I think a parade of FTO would make as big an entrance as you could, and it would be talked about for ages!
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

& also attract lots of cops within the area 2.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

wow... you guys gonna make a little formal cruise thing?
oh koolies that would be heaps good!!! if that was to happen then i dont even want my system.... i rather the fto's of vic to be there
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

if u want a cruise to your formal
post it on the vic section as a event
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

yea i reckon i should...

ill do that now
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

would anyone be kind enough to help me out, on picking an amp?
like meet and shop kindve thing?

there is this brand maximum, the guy goes its an american brand... does anyone knows it performance...?
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Seems pretty simple,since you have Infinity Kappa speakers why not buy a Infinity sub to accoustically match what you allready have? Since you like r&b music i guess good "tight" bass would be what you want.Based on my experience with Infinty subs and speakers their subs will give you nice tight bass provided you install it in a sealed enclosure :wink: by the way Infinity make amps too which once again would probably match their speakers too.Hi fi supermarket in ringwood sell a lot of infinity products at resonable prices.By all means listen to peoples advice but at the end of the day your ears and wallet are the best advisors of all!
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

i properly will go with infinity amps, because i already have the speakers fromt hem and a sub from them, and they sound heaps good

what about hifi supermarket near highpoint??? anygood there? wouldnt they be all the same?
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Dont know about the highpoint store but they would probably have the same stock.My ears like infinty speakers as that is what i have,but my wallet doesnt,remember though quality remains long after the price is forgotten!Have a listen to them (infinity) and let your ears decide whats best for you.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

truuu.......

i had a listen to cilf designs... and didnt like them and also jl audio i didnt like them that much...

but the thin gis that i cant test out the subbies at hifi supermarket.... :cry:
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

pm coming