Addzest System Issues

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DUK35Y
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Addzest System Issues

Post by DUK35Y »

Hi guys I've got issues and was just wondering if any one can help me out. When i brought my car It was already installed with a whole mess of Addzest gear which all went together pretty well. But now i have problems with the head units. I keep getting ERROR 6 when ever i insert a CD or Mini Disk. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on addzest or should i call clarion australia as i believe there sister companies I emailed them but have yet to get a return. Any help would be fantastic guys i'm sick of listening to the radio all the time.
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

hey DUK35Y, I 've got Addzest head unit, but never got "error 6" code. Some time ago it showed 'error 3' and I guess it must be the bad CD, since it has a lot of scratch on it. So, I just cleaned the CD or change to another and it started to play the music. I have no idea about "error 6" or would that be the same message. Have you tried to insert better CD, like new and original ones? sometimes the system is just choosy.
:?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

your prob best to call clarion and find out what that error code means, they may slap a hefty charge on your call because its not under warranty, otherwise google is your friend.
if you are playing from a stacker also check the connection on that.
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

Thanks guys it's weird but the mini disk works again now I still have no idea what to do about the cd but at least ive got some music other than radio. Blaze atually now that you mention it i do get "error 3" sometimes as well might pull the head decks out on the weekend and see if anything is going on there maybe even give em a clean with a CD cleaner. If not i think i'll do as G_A_V says and give Clarion a call. Thanks heaps guys i'll keep you informed.