fto wreck

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

fto wreck

Post by brad_gpx »

hey guys long time no talk lol.

anyway long story short i didnt give way at a give way sign lol.

its been sitting in my front yard for a while now so ive decided to finally get rid of it

pretty much got a whole wreck full of parts to sell its just been hit in the back drivers side near the rear tyre.

anyway ill chuck up pictures soon. pretty much have atleast 1 of every part that im trying to get rid of. i havent advertised on anywhere else yet either but probably will in the following weeks.

cheers
mosti
Mechanic

Re: fto wreck

Post by mosti »

manual gpx?
Dibs the gear linkage cables, selector, brackets etc etc ;)
OH and anything aftermarket u may have....I dibs that too. lol.
Side mirror motors...they working? I'll take those.

I'll pay postage ;)
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

dibs on stereo surround ill pm you my number
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

you havent even pm'ed me back about my stereo surround yet adzski....
but whatever im sure someone else will pick it up
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Lanthias
Apprentice

Post by Lanthias »

Yo Brad do you have a front bumper bar that you are willing to sell
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

Photos

In the last photo im trying to point out the little fault in an air con condenser i have. I bought a nose cut off a wreckers ages ago and the condenser came like that. I have never been bothered to fix it but the the rest of it looks like its working order. Ill take better pictures as i keep taking parts out
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

mosti: hey it is manual.

im not sure what a gear linkage cable, selector and brackets are but i assume i have them. Im getting my old man to help me part it out as well cause i have a very limited knowledge lol. ill get back to you on those.

The side mirror motors seem to be working fine :). Does $80 for both mirrors seem reasonable?

adzski: hey sorry but i took out the stereo surround to put in my new fto as the one in it was broken :(.

Lanthias: I have 2 pre-facelift bumpers both are a bit damaged. one more than the other. however i think my silver one is salvageable so ill take some photos for you. if you want it you can have it for free as its a slightly broken

btw if my prices seem stupid or unreasonable at some points please dont be offended and give me an offer that you think is reasonable. this is my first time doing this and i have almost no idea about prices so im just trying to estimate.

also the red wreck had previously been hit in the front and had been fixed, you can tell from the photos. however the silver bonnet and front bar are off another wreck i bought. at the time of me creating this wreck the front end was all good =]. so there is nothing wrong with the engine and internals. the fto has done 130xxx kms and the engine has done about 50xxx (estimated by my mechanic) and was swapped in about 5000kms ago along with a new exedy heavy duty cluty
Sahin
HULK

fto wreck

Post by Sahin »

How much you want for the engine and where do you live?
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

Lanthias: This is the front bumper. If you want you can come pick it up for free =]

Sahin: I have a receipt from ICHIban Imports for $1170 when I purchased it. So I'd be wanting $900-1000

I live on the central coast in NSW. Its about 1 hour north of sydney, 1 hour south of newcastle. I'm about a 5 minutes drive from the gosford/kariong exit off the freeway
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

Can i buy the crank angle sensor?
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

just took off some parts and took some more pictures.

i took some closer pictures of the ac condenser and tried to take a picture of the problem spot on the arm. theres also a little dent at the top i noticed when i took it out. i also have a broken ac condenser that still has the arms in perfect condition so if someone buys it and wants the other one to try to fix it they can have it for free.

i tried to take some pictures of the bonnet showing the damage. it looks pretty minimal and surprisingly still lines up to fit on the bonnet catch. someone can have it $50 if they want.

i took the spoiler off aswell and gave it a rinse. probably needs a good waxing to get it looking schmick again but it doesnt have any dents or rust just a bit of paint fade. theres a picture of it.

its just got a stock air intake but it looks in good condition.

the airdam thing at the front is broken but it still does the job and still sits their perfectly. whoever wants it can have it for free if they come pick it up. except im keeping those c**t plastic screw things :)

also ive taken pictures of the headunits i have. there not really anything special but if people want them ill sell them for cheap. yannino asked me about them first though so if he wants either of them they're his first

ill take more parts off and pictures tomorrow.

so yeh just make me an offer on whatever you guys want :)
cheers

heres the pictures for now.

brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

renzkuken1 wrote:Can i buy the crank angle sensor?
sure, ill get back to you on that one though. have to ask dad what it is first and how i get it out lol

btw mosti i forgot to answer your question before. the car is pretty much entirely stock
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

brad_gpx wrote:
renzkuken1 wrote:Can i buy the crank angle sensor?
sure, ill get back to you on that one though. have to ask dad what it is first and how i get it out lol

btw mosti i forgot to answer your question before. the car is pretty much entirely stock
Thanks mate. :)
I need to replace mine as my car won't start. :(
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

hey renz i got some bad news. i was talking to dad and he tells me that the crank angle sensor is part of the engine. im trying to sell the engine as a whole since its in really good condition rather than part it out bit by bit. so im afraid i cant sell it to you unless you want to buy a whole engine lol. sorry man
Sahin
HULK

fto wreck

Post by Sahin »

How many ks on the engine and are they heavy?
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

since ive had it i did about 5000km but previous to that my mechanic said it had done about 50xxxkms. It seems like it was well taken care of before I got it and ran like a dream for the short period i got to drive it for. Your more than welcome to come take a look or get a mechanic / another club member if you dont live close to come check it out to get a second opinion :)
Sahin
HULK

fto wreck

Post by Sahin »

Good price! I'll see how my engine transplant goes and if it's a dud I'll get yours but if it's not I may still buy yours anyway as a backup
Are you still able to start the car at all?
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

How much for the whole engine. I would definitely be interested. :)
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

Sahin: yeh i just have to put in the air intake, radiator and battery :)

renzkuken1: im looking at $900-1000 for it. however sahin has dibs on it first since he asked about it first. but if he doesnt want its all yours :)
Sahin
HULK

fto wreck

Post by Sahin »

Cheers bud pulling the wrecks engine out Tomorow will see if it will be alright