New and Need a hand!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chriwa
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New and Need a hand!

Post by Chriwa »

Hey Guys! Im Chris. Just about to buy my FTO tomorrow! I really want to take care of it, so could anyone recommend and Insurer and a good ol' mechanic who wont stif me! I need someone in perth.
If you dont know of any, what should I look out for, Im pretty new to this game.
Thank you all so much for the replies In advance!! I hope to become a valuable member here!
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: New and Need a hand!

Post by dstocks »

There is an insurance thread in one of the sections. Have a look at that (search if it isnt obvious). Oh and welcome to the club.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    EscapingFate
    Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

If you are in sydney i know a good mechanic that i take mine to... Aswell as a guy you want to get to know very well on these forums Bennoz :P he is very knowledgeable and can answer pretty much any questions you have about FTO's aswell as most of the other members as well =]

Welcome to the club
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

EscapingFate wrote:If you are in sydney i know a good mechanic that i take mine to... Aswell as a guy you want to get to know very well on these forums Bennoz :P he is very knowledgeable and can answer pretty much any questions you have about FTO's aswell as most of the other members as well =]

Welcome to the club
    Chriwa wrote:Hey Guys! Im Chris. Just about to buy my FTO tomorrow! I really want to take care of it, so could anyone recommend and Insurer and a good ol' mechanic who wont stif me! I need someone in perth.
    Welcome.. I think there is a member or two from Perth.. Not sure how often they check in though.. I think a shop called MorePowa is over there. Good performance shop but may cost a bit..

As for insurance.. Shop around. Maybe even go through an insurance broker. That will get you the best price. And please get full Comp Insurance. I hate seeing people come on here selling wrecks cause they couldn't afford insurance and get into an accident..
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    EscapingFate
    Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

LOLOLOL thats what happens when you are up at 1am with 1hrs sleep MY BAD buti m sure if you give bennoz enough tinnies he may flyover and give you a hand :P haha
    Chriwa

Post by Chriwa »

Wow thanks for the quick replies guys, I really didnt think I would get any! I will have to start chatting with bennoz soon, thanks for the recommendation. I figured asking for insurance would yeild few results because from everyone with an FTO I've heard its a little bit of a hastle. EscapingFate: if he is really that good I guess I could visit sydeny! my other idea was that Im on Holidays soon so I might drive around and see what mechanic is enthusiastic about FTO's in my local area..what do you all think of taking it to a mitsubishi dealer? Heard some Horror stories about that to.
    Hopefuly I will be able to learn all the little bits and peices of my FTO, Im thinking of going into mechanics seeing as everyone needs one :P
    How often do you get your FTO's serviced?
    Thanks again Guys!
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I would tend to stay away from a dealer. Or Stealerships as I call them

They will ensure you pay top dollar for parts. We know of parts available for the car that were made for Aussie delivered cars.. But the same part for the FTO is more than double .. A dealer would give you the Aussie part, but the higher price, this really adding to his profit..

I am sure there are better shops in Perth to go to..
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    EscapingFate
    Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

If you are looking for good parts Dstocks (dwayne) is also your man his the goto guy for parts or places to find cheap spares/parts for your FTO.

Ftos do have problems... but they are really old cars what do you expect?! they are bound to have a problem or 2... the biggest problem ive heard of (in my eyes) is the roof rust on some models. I personally had minor problems except for my gear selector bracket which kept snapping... Apart from that all my problems were just leaks and parts being old and breaking.

Anyway enjoy owning a FTO out of my 5 cars ive had it was definitely my fave car you cant go wrong,.
    iPilot
    Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

EscapingFate wrote:If you are in sydney i know a good mechanic that i take mine to... Aswell as a guy you want to get to know very well on these forums Bennoz :P he is very knowledgeable and can answer pretty much any questions you have about FTO's aswell as most of the other members as well =]

Welcome to the club
    well im in Sydney mate but i dont have an FTO yet.
    what garage do you take yours to?
    i heard hills motorsport is good, along with unique automotive & bel garage.
    any advice? cheers :)
    Its either an FTO or nothing!
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Welcome to the club!

Try justcar, there's a thread in the forum for insurance :) Depends what license you're on really! And mechanix wise...I got noooo idea as I'm in Adelaide :P Good luck!
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
    kiz
    SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

ObsidianRadio wrote:And mechanix wise...I got noooo idea as I'm in Adelaide :P Good luck!
    Speaking of which, let me know if you find a good mechanic in Adelaide haha ;)
    There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
    adzski
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

when i was ringing around for insurance most of the well known ones wouldnt touch it because its a import, i had to go with just cat insurance try them there pretty good
    illmotion
    Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

Welcome to the club! good to have another Perth member :)
    Taiwo
    Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

welcome to the club man
    ImageImage
    "Is that a supra???".
    "What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
    Kustom
    Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

eyyyyyyyy bro
    Taz wrote:When funds allow
    Lawso
    Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

EscapingFate wrote:LOLOLOL thats what happens when you are up at 1am with 1hrs sleep MY BAD buti m sure if you give bennoz enough tinnies he may flyover and give you a hand :P haha
    :geny:
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

:cheeky:
    silverGPX
    9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

:lol:
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

kiz wrote:
    ObsidianRadio wrote:And mechanix wise...I got noooo idea as I'm in Adelaide :P Good luck!
    Speaking of which, let me know if you find a good mechanic in Adelaide haha ;)
    UPDATE: vipfto
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU